General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User autopilot
(newbie) Fri 02-Apr-21 04:04:01
Print Post

Re: Huawei B525 - firmware guide to enable bridge mode and m

[re: biohead] [link to this post]

Can anyone confirm if they have got bridge mode working? I want to use my 525 as a modem only with a new Asus router.
Standard User kommando
(member) Mon 12-Apr-21 14:41:47
Print Post

[re: autopilot] [link to this post]

I got it working after flashing new firmware that had Bridge mode activated, it was missing from the firmware it came with.
Standard User autopilot
(newbie) Mon 12-Apr-21 14:46:21
Print Post

[re: kommando] [link to this post]

Thanks. Is that the firmware in the OP? And how did you install it? Just the USB method?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kommando
(member) Mon 12-Apr-21 16:20:17
Print Post

[re: autopilot] [link to this post]

Not sure if its the same as so long ago, it was more like updating a phone than a simple USB port. I downloaded it from a French site including PC boot loader software and windows drivers, took the cover off the router to be able to short out 2 wires so it booted into firmware mode and then connected it to a PC using a USB cable. Then using the bootloader software on a PC loaded up the firmware. The firmware worked but if I allowed it to update over the air then bridge mode went missing and I had to start all over again but stopping auto updates this time.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 13-Apr-21 00:13:24
Print Post

[re: kommando] [link to this post]

So not for the average user wink smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
The EU’s multiple failures are due to a deeper malaise .... What malaise? The EU’s formidable immunity to the smallest amount of democracy. New Statesman Feb 2021.
Standard User kommando
(member) Tue 13-Apr-21 14:40:26
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes wink if I was not used to loading custom roms onto phones then I would have left it, odd that you can OTA once but then no more, also there is an option to Local Update but that does not work.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to