General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DualingAunts
(newbie) Sun 23-Jun-19 08:36:53
Print Post

Re: Huawei B525 - firmware guide to enable bridge mode and m

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hoopla:
I had no trouble using the local file firmware upgrade, but I did that to get bridge mode, which doesn't work. I needn't have bothered.

Thanks for replying, that's a right pain for you that you can't get bridge mode happening. It's amazing how little support there is from Huawei.

Please could you clarify a couple of points that could help my plight to get the phone side of thing working?

I'm given to understand that some versions of the firmware have a "VoLTE" under "Settings"

Do you know if yours had this before / after you updated the firmware?

Mine has "Three.ie" branding on the admin pages and lists the following:

Device name: B525s-23a
Hardware version: WL1B520FM
Software version: 11.187.61.01.25
Web UI version: 21.100.38.00.03

Which file did you select to perform the update, I'm guessing it's the one in the \bin\ folder

"B525s-23a_UPDATE_11.182.61.00.778_DBU.bin"

Thanks for your assistance...
Standard User hoopla
(member) Wed 26-Jun-19 14:09:50
Print Post

[re: DualingAunts] [link to this post]

I can't see how VoLTE could work on a data-only device. There is no VoLTE item in Settings. However, there is a Voip menu under settings. And the VOIP works brilliantly, coexisting with other VOIP devices on the network.

I have:
Software version: 11.182.61.00.778
Web UI version: 21.100.37.00.03_Mod1.5

The update file I used was probably the one you list: I forget.
I wish I could go back to the original firmware tht came with the thing.
(newbie) Wed 26-Jun-19 14:45:08
Print Post

I can't see how VoLTE could work on a data-only device. There is no VoLTE item in Settings. However, there is a Voip menu under settings. And the VOIP works brilliantly, coexisting with other VOIP devices on the network.

I have:
Software version: 11.182.61.00.778
Web UI version: 21.100.37.00.03_Mod1.5

The update file I used was probably the one you list: I forget.
I wish I could go back to the original firmware tht came with the thing.

Thanks for that. I'm just trying to get my old landline phone handset working through it so I can make use of the unlimited minutes that came with my Three contract. I've plugged it into the phone socket on the back of the B525 and incoming calls have always worked fine but I can't dial out. Someone suggested that it would be under VoLTE settings, but not having that or VoIP options in my menus I'm not getting anywhere.

I'm tempted to try this alternative firmware, but not being able to revert to the original certainly puts me off trying.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lincsat
(learned) Wed 26-Jun-19 18:35:35
Print Post

Google finds a repository of Firmware for this device here - ftp://serv.valdikss.org.ru/Downloads/Huawei_Firmware...

Not tried any myself.
Standard User hoopla
(member) Sat 29-Jun-19 18:58:55
Print Post

[re: lincsat] [link to this post]

That's interesting, but the one I'd like to find is 11.232.05.00.778 - which is what mine came with in the first place
Standard User hoopla
(member) Sat 29-Jun-19 18:59:52
Print Post

Even if you get voip working through it, you won't be using the free minutes on the sim.
Standard User hoopla
(member) Sat 29-Jun-19 20:23:29
Print Post

Getting back to your VOIP settings, do you normally use the same provider for incoming and outgoing calls?
For several years, incoming arrive through one provider, and outgoing are carried on a variety of different ones, depending on who is cheaper for that call.
I have it all set up in my Fritz.box which is good on VOIP, but when I was testing the B525 I simply plugged the phone into it, and used the same provider for incoming and outgoing. It worked beautifully.
The probem is that although it let me add a second SIP server to the B525 config, I was only able to set up one SIP account, so I couldn't use the second server.
So I simply plugged the Fritz.box into the network and used that, with all its built-in VOIP cleverness and its dialling rules configured.
Which VOIP provider are you using?
(newbie) Mon 01-Jul-19 09:30:35
Print Post

Getting back to your VOIP settings, do you normally use the same provider for incoming and outgoing calls?
For several years, incoming arrive through one provider, and outgoing are carried on a variety of different ones, depending on who is cheaper for that call.
I have it all set up in my Fritz.box which is good on VOIP, but when I was testing the B525 I simply plugged the phone into it, and used the same provider for incoming and outgoing. It worked beautifully.
The probem is that although it let me add a second SIP server to the B525 config, I was only able to set up one SIP account, so I couldn't use the second server.
So I simply plugged the Fritz.box into the network and used that, with all its built-in VOIP cleverness and its dialling rules configured.
Which VOIP provider are you using?

This is exposing my considerable ignorance with all of this!

I have inclusive unlimited minutes with the unlimited data of my Three SIM package. I've plugged my old landline handset into the router and it happily receives calls to the SIM's number, I just can't work out what, if anything I can do to call out.

In all honesty I haven't got a clue whether what I'm trying to set up is VoIP or VoLTE, or if my router can even achieve what I'm hoping it can. I also appreciate that hijacking a topic about enabling bridge mode probably isn't the best way to go about getting a solution!

As always, any steer in the right direction is greatly appreciated.
Standard User hoopla
(member) Tue 02-Jul-19 11:42:26
Print Post

I'm frankly amazed that it receives calls to the sim's number. That's not what I'd expect. I'll try it on mine, if I can find a handset to plug in and I can work out my sim''s phone number.
(newbie) Tue 02-Jul-19 11:50:16
Print Post

It's weird isn't it?

If it helps at all the SIM's number is shown in the router admin page:

Settings->System->Device Information->My Number
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to