General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DualingAunts
(newbie) Fri 12-Jul-19 10:56:44
Print Post

Re: Huawei B525 - firmware guide to enable bridge mode and m

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Hi dect,

Yes exactly that, my land-line phone is a Panasonic cordless jobbie with an RJ11 socket on the base unit, previously I was using a RJ11 to BT cable to the BT master socket. With the B525, I'm using a RJ11-RJ11 lead that I had knocking about, I've taken a photo of it, you'll see that the middle two wires are crossed over
The dial tone sounds wrong, like old BT tone when it times out, but aside from that and the 20 second wait when calling, it all works ok. I can also report that pressing # after dialing doesn't speed things up.
Standard User dect
(committed) Fri 12-Jul-19 17:24:52
Print Post

[re: DualingAunts] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DualingAunts:
Hi dect,

Yes exactly that, my land-line phone is a Panasonic cordless jobbie with an RJ11 socket on the base unit, previously I was using a RJ11 to BT cable to the BT master socket. With the B525, I'm using a RJ11-RJ11 lead that I had knocking about, I've taken a photo of it, you'll see that the middle two wires are crossed over
The dial tone sounds wrong, like old BT tone when it times out, but aside from that and the 20 second wait when calling, it all works ok. I can also report that pressing # after dialing doesn't speed things up.
Thanks for this information

Looks like this functionality may be disabled in later firmware versions, I told a friend and they tried it with B525 firmware version 11.236.01.00.1217 and they get an engaged tone when picking the handset up but they can't break the tone when dialing the number, it also goes straight to voicemail with incoming calls.
Standard User gary333
(member) Fri 09-Aug-19 08:48:41
Print Post

[re: DualingAunts] [link to this post]

I have now tried HManager and LTEInsepctuer as mentioned in this thread. I am a little concerned about how secure these tools are - do people know if they have a good reputation?

My issue.

I wanted to be able to make phone calls using a standard DECT phone and the built in RJ11 port. This works out of the box, however it returns to 3G network to make call. When the call is ended it then returns to 4G, however locks on to band 20 and not band 3. This also means that carrier aggregation doesn't work. Less than 50% of the time it does switch to band 3, but i needed this to be everytime.

Side note, when carrier aggregation is active (4G+) the deivce will NOT allow incoming calls as it does not switch back to 3G to receieve the call. Odd piece of coding by Huaewei.

Findings (Three/Smarty network):

HManager allows you to change bands, however does not allow the B525 to remain in 'Auto' mode. It needs to be in this to make & receieve calls. So this didn't work for me

LTE Inspectuer allowed me to keep device in auto but manually lock band 3. This allows the B525 to drop back to 3G and then return to band 3 bypassing band 20. Only issue here is that carrier aggregation is now lost. Not a big issue as band 20 around here s very slow and non of the other bands are being aggregated. This selection is retained even when router is restarted

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lincsat
(regular) Tue 13-Aug-19 17:30:06
Print Post

[re: biohead] [link to this post]

I've tried this Today but can't seem to boot the router into USB mode, it just boots into standard mode. Is there some indication when it's in USB mode? I keep the pins bridged for about 45 seconds but the lights follow the normal sequence. I'm assuming it's the pads labelled Boot and Ground in the picture?
Standard User lincsat
(regular) Tue 13-Aug-19 18:15:58
Print Post

[re: lincsat] [link to this post]

As an update, I managed to get into USB mode but only by booting with the USB connected to my Lappy, couldn't get it to work without.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to