General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gary333
(member) Wed 02-Oct-19 19:17:54
Print Post

Re: Huawei B525 - firmware guide to enable bridge mode and m

[re: dect] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dect:
In reply to a post by yerzu:
if you want to lock it to only band 20 on 4G you would pass the following parameters
03, 3FFFFFFF, 80000

if you want to restrict/limit it to band 3 or band 20 on 4G you would pass the following parameters
03, 3FFFFFFF, 80004

Yes! Code 80004 locks to 800+1800 and run aggregation if its supported by BTS.

Link to my app is deleted by admin. If someone want to check this app please search in google play "huaCtrl".
The decision to aggregate is done by the mobile network (aka BTS) not the Huawei B525 routers configuration. Even if you lock a Huawei B525 to just band 20 it will still aggregate with other bands if the mobile network tells it too.

There in nothing in the Huawei B525 configuration that can be changed (locally or via an app) to stop or allow aggregation that is the important thing for everyone to know.

Apologies if I have read this wrong, but when I used LTEInspectuer and selected band 3 only on my B525 this stopped CA from working. CA would only work if I selected both bands in the aggregate options. I originally locked to band 3 only and disabled CA as when 4g+ was active it was impossible to make or receieve phone calls via the simcard.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Oct-19 19:50:13
Print Post

[re: andynormancx] [link to this post]

Maybe everybody is happy with taking that from someone who only joined the forum to promote their app. I wouldn't feel safe with it myself.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User dect
(committed) Wed 02-Oct-19 22:37:11
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gary333:
Apologies if I have read this wrong, but when I used LTEInspectuer and selected band 3 only on my B525 this stopped CA from working. CA would only work if I selected both bands in the aggregate options. I originally locked to band 3 only and disabled CA as when 4g+ was active it was impossible to make or receieve phone calls via the simcard.
Hi Gary

I am only stating what I have read in the Polish Huawei B525 forums and the Polish guys seem to be the most knowledgeable when it comes to these routers, the point I was trying to make is that you can't actually configure what band to use as your primary band and what band to use as your CA band via the routers configuration(locally or via an app). Maybe I have misunderstood a little and if so you might be right that by locking it to just one band it disables CA

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gary333
(member) Wed 02-Oct-19 23:07:45
Print Post

Hi Gary

I am only stating what I have read in the Polish Huawei B525 forums and the Polish guys seem to be the most knowledgeable when it comes to these routers, the point I was trying to make is that you can't actually configure what band to use as your primary band and what band to use as your CA band via the routers configuration(locally or via an app). Maybe I have misunderstood a little and if so you might be right that by locking it to just one band it disables CA

No probs, that makes total sense smile. From the looks of it you can lock down to a single band (which results in CA being disabled by the B525) or you can tell the B525 what CA bands it's allowed to use. However, even though you can tell it what bands to use I am assuming the control of whether or not what you have selected is actually used comes down to the cell sites equipment.

One useful option though seems to be that you can select your upload channel, and although this cannot be aggregated it would be useful if for whatever reason your device likes to lock on to a band with less capacity.

Here is a screen shot of what options is in the LTEinspectuer for CA.

LTE Inspectuer CA
Standard User andynormancx
(member) Thu 03-Oct-19 07:02:01
Print Post

[re: andynormancx] [link to this post]

Those look like pretty constrained permissions and exactly the sort of access and app would need if it wanted to scan the network to find the router instead of having the user type in the IP address/name of the router.

According to this:

https://www.wandera.com/mobile-security/app-and-data...

90% of Android apps ask for "view network connections" and nearly as many ask for "view network connections" (of the apps they surveyed).
Standard User dect
(committed) Thu 03-Oct-19 08:48:14
Print Post

One useful option though seems to be that you can select your upload channel, and although this cannot be aggregated it would be useful if for whatever reason your device likes to lock on to a band with less capacity.
Do you have an apk for LTEinspectuer or a link to it
Standard User kommando
(newbie) Thu 03-Oct-19 13:38:25
Print Post

LTEInspecteur only runs on a PC, there is an android app on the Polish sites which is itself a translation of an Arabic app, these are both called Hmanager. Neither are in English but the Polish version is easier to use but I still prefer LTEInspecteur.
Standard User dect
(committed) Thu 03-Oct-19 14:51:42
Print Post

[re: kommando] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kommando:
LTEInspecteur only runs on a PC, there is an android app on the Polish sites which is itself a translation of an Arabic app, these are both called Hmanager. Neither are in English but the Polish version is easier to use but I still prefer LTEInspecteur.
OK thanks, didn't realise about LTEInspecteur only being PC based.
Standard User gary333
(member) Thu 03-Oct-19 15:23:13
Print Post

Do you have an apk for LTEinspectuer or a link to it

Here you go smile

LTEInspectuer
Standard User dect
(committed) Thu 03-Oct-19 16:22:49
Print Post

Here you go smile

LTEInspectuer
Thanks Gary

This was interesting to read as you said you had issues using the sim card while locked to a single frequency

It is also possible to lock the router on a single frequency in case of unstable reception while retaining the benefit of telephony through the RJ11 socket . For that, do not forget to choose "Automatic" for the network on the screen shot above.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to