General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Jamd4494
(newbie) Thu 22-Aug-19 22:19:08
Print Post

How should I best configure my mobile broadband?

[link to this post]

Hi guys, so a newbie here although I have been creeping for a little bit

For a quick lo-down, were in the process of setting up a new business, it's a mobile gaming business and were kitting out a huge van with 10 TV's and 11 gaming consoles. (5ps, 5xbox & a Nintendo switch)

As it stands now we have setup a three router (b311) under the homefi deal, this is sitting nicely in the drivers area in the overhead. From this router we have wired cat6 cable to a network switch, and then cat6 to each and every console

We haven't yet test run all the consoles simultaneously, we will do this when the conversion allows, in the next few days or so

But regardless we are willing to buy/upgrade the required hardware to maximise the chances of getting a consistent strong and fast connection. We understand this cannot be guaranteed, but for launching the business we want the setup to be as best it can from our end.

Any suggestions for upgrades?

Thanks so much for any input

James
Standard User kommando
(newbie) Sat 24-Aug-19 11:51:59
Print Post

Re: How should I best configure my mobile broadband?

[re: Jamd4494] [link to this post]

As its mobile you would need several setups each optimised for whatever you find mast wise when you park up.

So a good directional antenna for when you have line of sight of the mast and a good omin directional for when you are either unsure of the mast location or have several to chose from.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 24-Aug-19 13:42:47
Print Post

[re: Jamd4494] [link to this post]

I would have thought that in that scenario the latency for a single player would be all over the place, never mind for several.

Plus the B311 is in itself a rather noddy cheapo bit of kit. If you think about it, they charge £2pm more for that plus SIM than they do for the unlimited phone SIM by itself.

A few of us are also finding that it seems to be quite sensitive to heat and can play up in very hot weather. I'm not sure what your van's overhead looks like and wonder how hot it could get in parked in bright sunshine on a hot day.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jamd4494
(newbie) Sat 24-Aug-19 22:15:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi Roberto,

Surprisingly the gameplay isn't as bad as you would imaging when playing online when we tested today, but we are well aware that the potential is certainly there for things to run slowly depending on location etc, which is why we are certainly willing to do some upgrades smile

Thanks
  Print Thread

Jump to