General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User danfozzy85
(newbie) Mon 18-Nov-19 18:41:46
Print Post

Re: upgrade Cat 4 to Cat 7 router - LTE to LTE advanced

[re: kommando] [link to this post]

So for future proofing for band 32, the b525 is the router of choice if sticking with three? I cant find anything if the b535 will support band 32

Edit: in typical fashion I've found that it does straight after I posted this, it's the software/ability to change settings is what is currently holding this back ?

Edited by danfozzy85 (Mon 18-Nov-19 18:47:38)

Standard User kommando
(learned) Mon 18-Nov-19 19:38:32
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

Band 3 will be up and download, Band 32 will be download only and must be part of a CA setup. So if the mast blows out on band 3 band 32 being available does nothing as you lose 2 way data transmission, unless you can latch onto band 20 which again is 2 way and Band 32 will give a good download only speed as CA band.

Edited by kommando (Mon 18-Nov-19 19:41:49)

Standard User kommando
(learned) Mon 18-Nov-19 19:40:52
Print Post

[re: danfozzy85] [link to this post]

So for future proofing for band 32, the b525 is the router of choice if sticking with three? I cant find anything if the b535 will support band 32

Edit: in typical fashion I've found that it does straight after I posted this, it's the software/ability to change settings is what is currently holding this back ?

Correct.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gary333
(member) Mon 18-Nov-19 21:01:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by kommando:
Band 3 will be up and download, Band 32 will be download only and must be part of a CA setup. So if the mast blows out on band 3 band 32 being available does nothing as you lose 2 way data transmission, unless you can latch onto band 20 which again is 2 way and Band 32 will give a good download only speed as CA band.

Letís hope the technical spec for the B525 is wrong as it shows it can only use band 20 and band 32 together, and not band 3 and 32.
Standard User kommando
(learned) Mon 18-Nov-19 21:33:02
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

Using Huawei Monitor I have been able to set my B525-23c to Band 3 and Band 32 CA, but that means nothing until the mast is upgraded as I just got a Band 3 connection, but the B525 did not reject the combination as invalid. Will also depend on firmware as there are a few variations around.
Standard User dect
(experienced) Mon 18-Nov-19 22:59:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by kommando:
Using Huawei Monitor I have been able to set my B525-23c to Band 3 and Band 32 CA, but that means nothing until the mast is upgraded as I just got a Band 3 connection, but the B525 did not reject the combination as invalid. Will also depend on firmware as there are a few variations around.
I know members keeping saying they have used downloaded apps to set the CA bands and/or separate out the upload/download bands on their B525 but having looked closely at this routers API's there is only one remote API setting called 'net-mode' that can set 2G/3G/4G and the available primary bands. There is no API I can see to set CA or separate out upload and download bands, I believe these extra decisions are made by the network in conjunction with a compatible router. I hope someone can prove me wrong as I know its possible on some other routers just not the B525.

Edited by dect (Mon 18-Nov-19 23:14:06)

Standard User oga83
(newbie) Tue 19-Nov-19 11:34:06
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

I know members keeping saying they have used downloaded apps to set the CA bands and/or separate out the upload/download bands on their B525 but having looked closely at this routers API's there is only one remote API setting called 'net-mode' that can set 2G/3G/4G and the available primary bands. There is no API I can see to set CA or separate out upload and download bands, I believe these extra decisions are made by the network in conjunction with a compatible router. I hope someone can prove me wrong as I know its possible on some other routers just not the B525.

Hi

I'm new to this forum.
Disclaimer : I am the writer of Huawei Monitor

Yes, you can configure your B525 with separate UL/DL bands.
Huawei Monitor can be used to do this. It can also monitor the current UL/DL bands and force them back in case the router decides otherwise.

Here is how you can configure the UL/DL bands : screenshot
And here is how you can automatically force the bands back in case they change : screenshot

Huawei Monitor is available in English. However, I did not have the time to translate its documention which is only in French for now. Google traduction might help though : here
Standard User dect
(experienced) Tue 19-Nov-19 11:51:09
Print Post

[re: oga83] [link to this post]

Hi

Happy to learn from you so if its possible please state the API as 'net-mode' only has 3 input parameters on a B525, this API doesn't support configuration of CA and/or separate upload/download bands on a B525

NetworkMode = Auto (0), 2G (1), 3G (2) or 4G (3)
NetworkBand = 3G band (default 3FFFFFFF)
LTEBand =4G Band (default 20800800C5)

Also the 'net-mode-list' API also confirms my comments above as it supplies the available options.

Edited by dect (Tue 19-Nov-19 12:14:17)

Standard User oga83
(newbie) Tue 19-Nov-19 12:23:48
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

You are correct : there is no additional parameters for this api.
What's important is the way you set up the values (order and timings).
But I can confirm that this api supports configuration of both separate UL/DL bands and Carrier Aggregation (DL only).
You can easily check that it works with Huawei Monitor (there is nothing to install as it is a portable executable).
Standard User dect
(experienced) Tue 19-Nov-19 12:49:29
Print Post

[re: oga83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by oga83:
You are correct : there is no additional parameters for this api.
What's important is the way you set up the values (order and timings).
But I can confirm that this api supports configuration of both separate UL/DL bands and Carrier Aggregation (DL only).
You can easily check that it works with Huawei Monitor (there is nothing to install as it is a portable executable).
Sadly I will remain unconvinced, the third parameter LTEBand of the 'net-mode' API only has a single hex input value (see band values below that can be added together) so I cannot believe either timing or the order will change that single hex value to become a CA and/or separate upload/download values.

I will give you an example, it doesnt matter how faster or slow you drive your Renault Megane its still a Renault Megane.

Hex________Freq_Band

1__________2100_B1
4__________1800_B3
40_________2600_B7
80__________900_B8
8000________800_B20
2000000000_2600_B38

Edited by dect (Tue 19-Nov-19 12:50:11)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to