General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nakedfbiagent
(newbie) Fri 27-Dec-19 18:32:04
Print Post

Huawei 5G CPE Pro (H112-370) Help

[link to this post]

Hi everybody, im looking for some help with the following router H112-370
i've managed to acquire one to use with my three sim but it seems to have some custom firmware pre installed.
After resetting the router to defaults it does not have the default wifi names show up as per the label on the bottom of the router it seems to be three branded but not sure if its from the uk.
Since the wifi is not the default i cant connect to the wifi as the password does not work.
i have connected through the RJ45 port and i do get internet with a three sim installed but i also can't get into the web portal for it as that does not work with the default password.
Do any of you have a branded three router that has a web password other than admin?
any help would be great as the ebay seller is refusing returns..
thanks.
Rich
Standard User kommando
(learned) Sun 29-Dec-19 16:31:43
Print Post

Re: Huawei 5G CPE Pro (H112-370) Help

[re: nakedfbiagent] [link to this post]

Just because the seller is refusing to accept returns does not mean Ebay support will not force them to accept a return. I even got a full refund without a return as the box contained broken glass as the packing was useless, the seller refused to take it back but Ebay support just issued a refund saying it was unsafe to touch broken glass. Just be careful you get the return documented and signed for.
Standard User mking90031
(regular) Sun 29-Dec-19 16:49:30
Print Post

Hi,

Have you tried contacting Three quoting the serial number to see if they can shed any light on the details? That is what I would do. You could also try other default passwords such as "password", "admin" and other similar ones.

HTH,

Mark King MCP
www.mark-king-basingstoke.co.uk
Virginmedia 541.32Mb/sec Down & 37.37Mb/sec Up (according to Speedtest.net W7 App)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dect
(experienced) Sun 29-Dec-19 17:20:56
Print Post

I would be wary of that router

If it really is an official Huawei 5G router it can't be that old and why would somebody be messing around with custom firmware at this early stage and why will they not take returns. I hope you didn't pay a lot for it as they retail for £300 so if you got it for peanuts that may tell you something. As others have said I would raise a case with Ebay to get your money back unless the issues you are experiencing were clearly declared by the seller.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 29-Dec-19 17:42:09
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dect:

Likewise. It may be from another Three network elsewhere in the world, and in which case may never work on a UK 5G network.

Also Three UK haven't yet launched 5G for their real network, they only have the separate "Three Broadband" network, formerly the company Relish, which is still separate.

VirginMedia Cable M200 22/nov/19
7 years of FTTC VDSL BT then plusnet with sync from 55/12 to 46/5
20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
“Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send” Jon Postel
Standard User dect
(experienced) Sun 29-Dec-19 18:48:36
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
In reply to a post by dect:

Likewise. It may be from another Three network elsewhere in the world, and in which case may never work on a UK 5G network.

Also Three UK haven't yet launched 5G for their real network, they only have the separate "Three Broadband" network, formerly the company Relish, which is still separate.
If it is an official H112-370 it supports only one 5G band which is n78 which I believe is used by all UK mobile providers that have launch 5G services.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 29-Dec-19 18:50:22
Print Post

I don’t know what “relish” uses but the other three networks are on n78. Three’s main launch is pending, hence no other cities yet!

VirginMedia Cable M200 22/nov/19
7 years of FTTC VDSL BT then plusnet with sync from 55/12 to 46/5
20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
“Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send” Jon Postel
(newbie) Thu 02-Jan-20 06:01:48
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply.
lucky the ebay seller has accepted the return ( still waiting for money )

not sure how he could not really considering the thing is pretty much useless.
I was hoping somebody had come across this type before.
It wasnt custom firmware as in somebody had flashed it it was customerized for a retailer.
Even after putting a pin into the reset hole it didnt come up with the wifi access point names as stated on the default sticker on the bottom, seller could not even give me password for that so no one could connect to it.
ive now bought one from china vie aliexpress hopefully that 1 will have better results..
thnaks
Standard User dect
(experienced) Thu 02-Jan-20 09:59:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by nakedfbiagent:
ive now bought one from china vie aliexpress hopefully that 1 will have better results..
thnaks
Would have recommended waiting a little while longer until the 5G networks matures a bit more.
(newbie) Fri 10-Jan-20 16:52:26
Print Post

Anybody have a Huawei 5G CPE (370) model and know if the phone socket works the same way as the B618?
The B618 lets you use the minutes you have on a sim card if you plug a normal phone into the phone socket, and i was hoping that the 5G CPE would do the same, but reading more into the 5G it does not support 3G which i believe the B618 drops to when making and receiving calls..

So i'm thinking 1 of 2 options.
1- The router will make and receive calls but will drop the broadband connection during the call.
2- The function just wont work.

Anybody have any ideas?
thanks.
Standard User kommando
(learned) Fri 10-Jan-20 18:33:36
Print Post

See is the firmware supports VOIP, then that socket should take a phone but won't use the sim cards minutes.
Standard User j911
(newbie) Mon 20-Jan-20 16:49:11
Print Post

[re: kommando] [link to this post]

I also have a H112-370 and unfortunately I can't make or receive calls using the sim from three. I was hoping it would at the very least support VOLTE to make calls even if it can't drop down from 4G/5G to 3G but no such joy as it doesn't even have the VOLTE page.

Hoping usual forums will come up with a flashable firmware which supports VOLTE but they still haven't found the points for the USB TTL cable frown
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Sat 25-Jan-20 11:37:17
Print Post

[re: j911] [link to this post]

Out of interest where did you get the router from. Three? Voda? China? There’s limited sources which seems a shame for what looks like a pretty top sites router. Even for 4g there’s little else around with all the UK bands and 3ca or above plus 4x4
Standard User RichardTM
(newbie) Tue 17-Mar-20 06:17:25
Print Post

[re: kommando] [link to this post]

If you can get the internet through RJ5, you can log into the web interface and reset the WiFi password yourself.

Actually, the Huawei 5G CPE Pro H112-370 is not better than the H112-372, which has the original firmware and no customization.
Standard User buggerlugs
(regular) Tue 17-Mar-20 09:15:59
Print Post

[re: RichardTM] [link to this post]

Shove a paperclip in the reset hole on the router and just use the WiFi password on the sticker on the router.
Standard User hoopla
(committed) Sat 21-Mar-20 14:16:42
Print Post

[re: buggerlugs] [link to this post]

On my Huawei B525 router I (foolishly) did a factory reset using the reset button.
After that it would neither accept the admin login password I had been using nor the one written on the device.
Then I tried using the Huawei app to log in, That worked, and I was able to set a suitable password.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to