General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobbyboyuk
(member) Thu 06-Feb-20 10:08:31
Print Post

Huawei B535 Problem on THREE £17 Month Unlimited Plan

[link to this post]

Its been working great for the past 3-4 weeks, ive used about 550GB of data, a lot of 4K Netflix and my steam games downloading.

Yesterday my connection kept going every 30-40 seconds, still doing it today,Kicked off Netflix ,PC, Phone etc, thought it was wi fi at first but its not,tried everything, different dns, masts 3G, 4G. Factory resetting the router.

Am i being throttled?

Pic 1

Pic 2

Edited by bobbyboyuk (Thu 06-Feb-20 11:22:10)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Feb-20 10:25:49
Print Post

Re: Huawei B535 Problem

[re: bobbyboyuk] [link to this post]

I assume this is 3? What package are you on?
Standard User bobbyboyuk
(member) Thu 06-Feb-20 11:16:29
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

£17 a month unlimited data one with the B535, will wait till the first month is over then see if it gets better.

Its very odd,best thing is the BT line and Broadband is switched off today.

Edited by bobbyboyuk (Thu 06-Feb-20 11:17:00)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dect
(experienced) Thu 06-Feb-20 11:23:09
Print Post

Re: Huawei B535 Problem on THREE £17 Month Unlimited Plan

Have you tried the sim in a regular mobile phone to see if you get the same issue?
Standard User amiga_dude
(newbie) Thu 06-Feb-20 11:25:22
Print Post

What I did is get timer plug and set to turn during the night (when you sleep normally) so it turn it off and on again. I set it to go off at 04:30 till 05:00, So program is on at 05:00 and off at 04:30.
This seam to fix the problems I was having.

Amazon - EXPOWER Timer Plug Socket, Expower Digital Electrical Timer Plug Socket 24 Hours/7 Day Weekly Programmable Light Switch with Anti-Theft Random Option (2 Pack)

PS I don't recommend this, this is show as example of what going on about. My one is not on sale anymore.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Feb-20 11:33:45
Print Post

[re: amiga_dude] [link to this post]

Not sure if that will help as the OP has already done a factory reset of the router and it hasn't resolved it.

It does sound like some sort of throttling or AUP on 3 but I had thought there were people that had download a lot more without issue.
Standard User dect
(experienced) Thu 06-Feb-20 11:36:45
Print Post

[re: amiga_dude] [link to this post]

To be clear, are you saying you solved the dropout issue on a B535 by restarting it each day?
Standard User gary333
(committed) Thu 06-Feb-20 12:09:49
Print Post

Have you checked the Network Status Page on Three Website (green band). It's possible they are updating / doing something with the network. For about a week whilst they were updating network my service was poor.

Last night was super poor for me, but it actually turned out to be WiFi channel. Changed to channel 1 from channel 11 and it cured the lag, and slowness to load anything.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 06-Feb-20 12:26:48
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gary333:
Have you checked the Network Status Page on Three Website (green band). It's possible they are updating / doing something with the network. For about a week whilst they were updating network my service was poor.
Likewise. A few months ago.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Thu 06-Feb-20 12:46:47
Print Post

Happened with me once before. There were no network upgrades happening to my knowledge. Simply waited it out a day or 2, can't remember how long it done it for. Then again, i was messing around with band selection, so that may have sorted my issue out temporary while it was sorted.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to