General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sheephouse
(member) Wed 18-Mar-20 15:23:24
Print Post

Re: Is Three’s network struggling at the moment or is it jus

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

I cancelled my Three contract yesterday - it has gradually become less usable, and remote working has become almost impossible. I signed up with Three because of the unlimited data allowance at a time when EE had low limits and were significantly more expensive. EE use the same mast which is a mile away in clear line-of-sight, and I've tested out a PAYG sim last week - it seems much better than Three, and I just clocked my fastest ever TBB speed test - 96.5Mbps! That's about 5 times the speed of Three on a good day, and now the unlimited data is only 50% more than with Three. Time will tell whether it holds up...
Standard User buggerlugs
(regular) Wed 18-Mar-20 16:13:50
Print Post

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

I hope Three are keeping tabs of this thread and taking note.
Standard User Timh30
(newbie) Wed 18-Mar-20 19:38:24
Print Post

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sheephouse:
I cancelled my Three contract yesterday - it has gradually become less usable, and remote working has become almost impossible. I signed up with Three because of the unlimited data allowance at a time when EE had low limits and were significantly more expensive. EE use the same mast which is a mile away in clear line-of-sight, and I've tested out a PAYG sim last week - it seems much better than Three, and I just clocked my fastest ever TBB speed test - 96.5Mbps! That's about 5 times the speed of Three on a good day, and now the unlimited data is only 50% more than with Three. Time will tell whether it holds up...

Were you past the minimum term of the contract, or were you able to cancel without penalty due to the ongoing issues?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Wed 18-Mar-20 20:27:25
Print Post

[re: Timh30] [link to this post]

You can almost definitely cancel after minimum term. Head to their live chat and ask to talk to their complaints team. Tell them your issues. They will either try to keep you by refunding your days of lost service or reducing your monthly bill. But if you're adamant you want to cancel. They will let you. You will have to send equipment back in a red bag they send out. Though, i suggest having a back up sim ready as they cancelled my sim 30 mins after going through with the cancellation and left me with no connection at all smile Which is expected, obviously, but didn't expect to be disconnected instantly.
Standard User burble
(member) Wed 18-Mar-20 22:12:54
Print Post

[re: bobbyboyuk] [link to this post]

Trying to phone an EE number today from the landline and several times I got message "there is an error, please hang up".
Standard User CJ8
(member) Wed 18-Mar-20 23:21:05
Print Post

[re: buggerlugs] [link to this post]

They might as well turn the 4G network off here, for what use it’s been this evening. Currently 0.4 down and 0.7 up.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15845727228...

The phone is clinging solidly to band 3, so I can’t even blame it on band 20.
Standard User sheephouse
(member) Thu 19-Mar-20 10:06:56
Print Post

[re: Timh30] [link to this post]

I was past the end of the minimum contract period, and I went with a 30 day notice - I'll be paying for two connections for a month, but that gives me a backup for any teething problems. Since I work from home cost isn't as important to me as connectivity.
I may get a free Three SIM as a backup that I can top up if I ever need it. I don't currently have coverage from any other networks.
Standard User elvisarron
(newbie) Fri 20-Mar-20 18:12:22
Print Post

[re: andynormancx] [link to this post]

I am sick & tired of my connection dropping after 5-6pm.
Whenever you phone them they always want you to log in follow these steps they ask you to do.
It is a total waste of my time going through this all the time.
But where to go for a reasonable price just to get home wifi.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 20-Mar-20 18:59:59
Print Post

[re: elvisarron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by elvisarron:
But where to go for a reasonable price just to get home wifi.
You mean cheap?

Landline would probably be cheaper for any modern volume of data if Three doesn't cope where you are. I have no problem with it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User elvisarron
(newbie) Sat 21-Mar-20 08:26:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for your reply but landline is not an option,as where we are in the countryside we can only manage under 1mbps,that,s why we got rid of it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to