General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | [21] | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Thu 16-Apr-20 15:08:27
Print Post

Re: Is Three�s network struggling at the moment or is it j

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

I also get the same. Though, when i refresh a couple of times in a minute i get the same message as the poster. Another refresh fixes it and get the same message again.
Standard User bobbyboyuk
(committed) Thu 16-Apr-20 16:10:52
Print Post

[re: buggerlugs] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by buggerlugs:
Just wondered if I may have solved a part of this website stumbling issue.

I turned off "SIP ALG status" under "Security" SIP ALG settings in the router. (By default its switched to the ON position)

Apparently its a NAT tool that inspects SIP Messages and transforms the Private IP addresses and Ports to Public IP Addresses and Ports. So its certainly possible that SIP messages could be slowing down the request/response process.

May be a complete coincidence but since turning it off the problem has vanished for me.

Think you may have fixed that! smile Mines been fine the last hr or so since i turned it off, well done
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Apr-20 16:49:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I just get:From that link.

The link isn't meant for a browser. The XML you are getting is meant to be interpreted by an application that would make a call back to the URL with parameters, probably to receive whats on BBC One at 8pm tonight for example smile

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 16-Apr-20 18:21:47
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I just get:From that link.

The link isn't meant for a browser. The XML you are getting is meant to be interpreted by an application that would make a call back to the URL with parameters, probably to receive whats on BBC One at 8pm tonight for example smile
I had sort of come to that conclusion smile. But thanks for clarifying.

The confusion arising (in my case at least) from the poster of the link presenting it as a normal URL, and not specifying from what application on what hardware and OS they are getting the problem.

I've no intention of downloading any such app to find out wink.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User buggerlugs
(regular) Thu 16-Apr-20 18:23:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Looks like Plex or Kodi to me..... smile
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Fri 17-Apr-20 17:42:40
Print Post

[re: buggerlugs] [link to this post]

Sorry to hear people still getting this.. Just jumping in on the device issue to point out the B535 does not get this stalling issue with Vodafone FYI...
Standard User bobbyboyuk
(committed) Fri 17-Apr-20 17:46:08
Print Post

[re: planetf1] [link to this post]

Been using my EE sim in the B535 router today, no stalling.

Need to get up the ladder though and point the aerial towards a different mast!
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 17-Apr-20 18:02:25
Print Post

[re: planetf1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by planetf1:
Sorry to hear people still getting this.. Just jumping in on the device issue to point out the B535 does not get this stalling issue with Vodafone FYI...

I wonder if its a problem at the mast site, and when Three refresh the hardware if it goes away. There were reports that Three were unhappy with their old vendor, allegedly Samsung, and refreshing with Huawei, before they talked about 5G. Then Three lost some senior network staff about the time the Govt decision on use of Huawei was published.

Three as a company is interesting to say the least.

Standard User gary333
(committed) Fri 17-Apr-20 18:38:28
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
In reply to a post by planetf1:

I wonder if its a problem at the mast site, and when Three refresh the hardware if it goes away. There were reports that Three were unhappy with their old vendor, allegedly Samsung, and refreshing with Huawei, before they talked about 5G. Then Three lost some senior network staff about the time the Govt decision on use of Huawei was published.

Three as a company is interesting to say the least.

The problem started for me when they refreshed the mast equipment and re-farmed some of the 3G Band 1 frequency or 4G.

Knocked Three on the head now, too unreliable from Feb onwards.

Edited by gary333 (Fri 17-Apr-20 18:39:19)

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 17-Apr-20 19:45:24
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gary333:
The problem started for me when they refreshed the mast equipment and re-farmed some of the 3G Band 1 frequency or 4G.

Knocked Three on the head now, too unreliable from Feb onwards.

Interesting, I wonder if the improved performance meant some people in your area used it a lot more. Three suffered years ago with overuse from their original "unlimited" price plan, the One Plan, and eventually had to force people off it.

Now all the networks offer an unlimited plan, they shouldn't have all the "download the internet" brigade flocking to Three, but maybe its price dependent.

Pages in this thread: << 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | [21] | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to