General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | [22] | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gary333
(committed) Fri 17-Apr-20 20:13:49
Print Post

Re: Is Three�s network struggling at the moment or is it j

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
In reply to a post by gary333:
The problem started for me when they refreshed the mast equipment and re-farmed some of the 3G Band 1 frequency or 4G.

Knocked Three on the head now, too unreliable from Feb onwards.

Interesting, I wonder if the improved performance meant some people in your area used it a lot more. Three suffered years ago with overuse from their original "unlimited" price plan, the One Plan, and eventually had to force people off it.

Now all the networks offer an unlimited plan, they shouldn't have all the "download the internet" brigade flocking to Three, but maybe its price dependent.

Doubt it, got a text saying the network is being improved, then later that day and the next day another to say network issues. From that day onwards the service was a joke, and to put the cherry on the cake it prevented me from getting CA across band 20 & 3 from then as presumably my two local masts has different equipment was now not compatible. Just to confirm on day 3 they sent a text saying your network has been improved blah blah blah, nope, you’ve just made it worse.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 17-Apr-20 20:27:18
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

Doubt it, got a text saying the network is being improved, then later that day and the next day another to say network issues. From that day onwards the service was a joke, and to put the cherry on the cake it prevented me from getting CA across band 20 & 3 from then as presumably my two local masts has different equipment was now not compatible. Just to confirm on day 3 they sent a text saying your network has been improved blah blah blah, nope, you’ve just made it worse.

I guess its on newer equipment if they text'd you, possibly even different antenna panels pointing in slightly different directions that made it stop working for you specifically.

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Standard User gary333
(committed) Fri 17-Apr-20 20:35:39
Print Post

I guess its on newer equipment if they text'd you, possibly even different antenna panels pointing in slightly different directions that made it stop working for you specifically.

There was a slight movement of a couple of degrees, however moving the B525 very slightly adapted to that and the RSRP and SNR was better than before so it’s not not a signal issue. 5 bars on display too. The issue as reported on here by lots of people is something has been done wholesale and is effecting service all over country. Three CS have said a couple of times they were aware of issues all over country. Clearly the network upgrade is causing issues.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hoopla
(committed) Mon 20-Apr-20 18:33:41
Print Post

Re: Is Three's network struggling at the moment or is it j

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

Where I am, initially, the problem was lots of dropped packets, dropped connections, hopeless routing. That was February.

Eventually, Three fixed that and it was just much slower than it had been, particularly on Band 3.

I switched to using Band 20, which has been giving slow but acceptable speeds and reliability.

Every week or so I've been trying Band 3 (which has more bandwidth) and although the uplink speed was excellent, the downlink was really slow.

Today, I tried again, and it is good again! Both up and down are nice and fast, and the latency is no worse than it used to be.

I also see that the status page notice that apologises for an ongoing, complex problem that is taking a long time to fix has disappeared. Let's hope the is the dawn of a new, usable connection!

I made some fuss when it went wrong, so it's only fair to mention when they appear to have fixed it!

Edited by hoopla (Mon 20-Apr-20 18:34:22)

Standard User buggerlugs
(regular) Mon 20-Apr-20 20:54:03
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

Latency seems improved slightly for me. My connection starts the day 6am till 12pm at 70mb/s (saw 90mb for a short time today), then it slowly drops to around 25-30mb for the rest of the day now.

The problem with it finding webpages seems improved though I think that may be more down to me turning off SIP ALG and increasing the MTU to 1492.

The Xbox still struggles and i never see it go above 30mb/s at any time but its borderline usable I guess. At the same time on the PC I can get 70mb so I'd say Three is throttling xbox live.

I'm certain its mast capacity that's the issue for me, that and the fact my mast won't aggregate other bands.

Its acceptable currently for me now, a far sight better than it was in January/February. Its not ideal but it'll suffice.
Standard User zac222
(newbie) Fri 24-Apr-20 15:13:08
Print Post

[re: andynormancx] [link to this post]

Sick to death of my experiences with Three this year. Fantastic speeds last year of 30mbs (I know that's not much to most but for what we need it is more than enough), then sometime in January it took a nosedive. We noticed on our Huawei B310 (we have tried the B311 but as it only has 1 SMA port we stayed with the B310. The same problems arose on the B311 as well) the signal strength dropped from 3 bars down to 2. Now we are lucky to get above 7-8mbs and the last few days it has dropped to below 3mbs.

Three Customer Service (even pre-coronavirus) are pitiful. Was first told there was an issue and they were working on it, then was told they fixed it, then told there wasn't a problem to begin with. Our most recent attempt at remedying the situation resulted in them sending us a replacement sim which has since been activated and done nothing for our speeds.

Here is a recent speed test for reference: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15877361066...
Standard User kommando
(regular) Fri 24-Apr-20 17:28:13
Print Post

[re: zac222] [link to this post]

Here is my speedtest, other than 3 or 4 days when the local mast played up this is normal. You have to take 20mb off the HTTP as I run a dual wan router and on the HTTP the Vodafone kicks in.

The Three mast I use is shared with EE, their service was off for the same 3 to 4 days so the fault must have been the power supply.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/_assets/speedtest/but...

That suggests the issues are mast upgrades by Three or local congestion.

Edited by kommando (Fri 24-Apr-20 17:30:25)

Standard User Timh30
(newbie) Fri 24-Apr-20 20:57:07
Print Post

[re: buggerlugs] [link to this post]

Re web pages not loading - I changed the MTU on the B535 to 1500 and so far it seems much more responsive and all pages seem to be loading on the first attempt.

In reply to a post by buggerlugs:
Latency seems improved slightly for me. My connection starts the day 6am till 12pm at 70mb/s (saw 90mb for a short time today), then it slowly drops to around 25-30mb for the rest of the day now.

The problem with it finding webpages seems improved though I think that may be more down to me turning off SIP ALG and increasing the MTU to 1492.

The Xbox still struggles and i never see it go above 30mb/s at any time but its borderline usable I guess. At the same time on the PC I can get 70mb so I'd say Three is throttling xbox live.

I'm certain its mast capacity that's the issue for me, that and the fact my mast won't aggregate other bands.

Its acceptable currently for me now, a far sight better than it was in January/February. Its not ideal but it'll suffice.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 24-Apr-20 21:34:18
Print Post

[re: Timh30] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Timh30:
Re web pages not loading - I changed the MTU on the B535 to 1500 and so far it seems much more responsive and all pages seem to be loading on the first attempt.

Was that not the factory default?

You should leave MTU alone on routers / home gateway devices. If you want to reduce MTU do that on your computer / laptop.

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 24-Apr-20 23:34:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by Timh30:

Was that not the factory default?
It is indeed 1500 on the earlier B311. I doubt if Three have altered it as that would be a nonsense for compatibility.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | [22] | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to