General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | [24] | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hoopla
(committed) Tue 28-Apr-20 23:14:13
Print Post

Re: Is Three�s network struggling at the moment or is it j

[re: kommando] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kommando:
The Three mast I use is shared with EE, their service was off for the same 3 to 4 days so the fault must have been the power supply.
I used to get really good speeds from EE but Three was cheaper and good enough. When Three stopped working well, I tried EE again, and they were terrible.
Three and EE had been using the same mast, and it seemingly wasn't there any more.
But it has come back on line for Three, and with it, decent performance.
I've not checked to see if EE also has it working again now.
Standard User buggerlugs
(regular) Wed 29-Apr-20 08:49:26
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

This issue with pages not loading has gotten me wondering if its anything to do with Three's use of Deep Packet inspection? So when the network is busy its struggling to inspect everything and causing slow downs on the routing process?

I also notice three has decided to do some "very cheap" 4g for school kids programme, which obviously comes with locked down websites and won't help but contribute to even more contention on the network.
Standard User andynormancx
(member) Wed 29-Apr-20 10:19:01
Print Post

Re: Is Three's network struggling at the moment or is it j

[re: buggerlugs] [link to this post]

I doubt much deep packet inspection goes on nowadays. Over 90%* of web traffic is transported by HTTPS now, meaning the ISP can't meaningfully inspect details of most traffic beyond the destination IP address.

* https://transparencyreport.google.com/https/overview...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hoopla
(committed) Wed 29-Apr-20 11:20:30
Print Post

Yes, the EE cell is up again on the same mast (well, the same church tower)
Standard User bobbyboyuk
(committed) Fri 01-May-20 06:37:42
Print Post

My 3 speed at the moment, my Poynting XPOL-2-5G aerial isnt even pointing at the mast, need to get up that ladder!

This mast has only shown up in the last 2 weeks or so.

3 SPEED

I think my unlimited EE sim may use the same mast, but not as good in my router, pretty decent on the pixel 4xl though, may use 4x4 mimo.

Edited by bobbyboyuk (Fri 01-May-20 06:40:34)

Standard User buggerlugs
(regular) Fri 01-May-20 09:15:25
Print Post

[re: bobbyboyuk] [link to this post]

Interesting because my router dbm's are far better than yours with a SINR of 20dB, the only difference is you can get Band 1 and are also connected to another cell (getting Carrier Aggregation) to get the + on the end of your 4G.

I can only get connected to my mast on band 3 with no CA, and the best I've seen (this year) is around 70Mbps. Last November I was getting over 100Mbps, after then it started to slide. Its never recovered really since January.

Just done a test on here 9am Friday Morning, 30Mbps at best!

www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1588320388173091355

Its so frustrating when I know from experience that Three is capable of so much more. Just wish they're technical department were actually up to the task. (sadly they are not.)

Three's vast differences with new and "very old" mast tech coupled with both good and bad contention across their network obviously has a hell of a lot to be said for............

Edited by buggerlugs (Fri 01-May-20 09:16:16)

Standard User bobbyboyuk
(committed) Fri 01-May-20 10:29:39
Print Post

Just put my EE sim in my european B535, new update for it.

Bridge mode still there on it.

UPDATE
Standard User buggerlugs
(regular) Fri 01-May-20 10:47:31
Print Post

[re: bobbyboyuk] [link to this post]

Just to be aware, I'm running 10.0.1.1(H191SP4C983) and there is no bridge mode available.

That makes me think the update is determined by the carrier SIM in the router, not the router itself.....

Hmm...there's an idea!

Edited by buggerlugs (Fri 01-May-20 10:48:34)

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-May-20 10:59:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by buggerlugs:
Interesting because my router dbm's are far better than yours with a SINR of 20dB, the only difference is you can get Band 1 and are also connected to another cell (getting Carrier Aggregation) to get the + on the end of your 4G.

Good signal levels does not indicate capacity. On Three you can have Band 20 and Band 3 aggregated and achieve 15 + 5 Mhz = 20 Mhz aggregated. On EE you could have Band 3 + Band 3 aggregated and achieve 20 + 15 Mhz = 35 aggregated. That is before you add any other bands, such as Band 7 in some dense areas.

In reply to a post by buggerlugs:
I can only get connected to my mast on band 3 with no CA, and the best I've seen (this year) is around 70Mbps. Last November I was getting over 100Mbps, after then it started to slide. Its never recovered really since January.

That could be load on your cell site, around your area, since a lot of people are home working at the moment and hopefully not moving around as they used to !

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Standard User buggerlugs
(regular) Fri 01-May-20 11:06:10
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Good signal levels do not indicate capacity, is a real great advert to folks wanting to improve their speeds with external LTE antenna.

Also I notice not many mobile telco's actually say what speeds you can expect to achieve, so it covers their collective backsides very well when they oversubscribe their services.
Pages in this thread: << 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | [24] | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to