General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | [25] | 26 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-May-20 12:37:22
Print Post

Re: Is Three�s network struggling at the moment or is it j

[re: buggerlugs] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by buggerlugs:
Also I notice not many mobile telco's actually say what speeds you can expect to achieve, so it covers their collective backsides very well when they oversubscribe their services.

Its not really covering, its fundamental to a shared medium like radio.

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Standard User hoopla
(committed) Fri 01-May-20 19:28:35
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hoopla:
In reply to a post by kommando:
The Three mast I use is shared with EE, their service was off for the same 3 to 4 days so the fault must have been the power supply.
I used to get really good speeds from EE but Three was cheaper and good enough. When Three stopped working well, I tried EE again, and they were terrible.
Three and EE had been using the same mast, and it seemingly wasn't there any more.
But it has come back on line for Three, and with it, decent performance.
I've not checked to see if EE also has it working again now.

I thought it seemed too good to be true.

That cell has gone off line again, the speeds are bad again and I've had to switch back to Band 20.

No sign of a problem on the 3 Coverage page, but I suspect there is still a problem.

Lockdown means that I can't drive the ten mile round trip to get to the place to see what's happening.

Maybe if the skies brighten up, I'll get a telescope out and see if I can see what's happening: it is clear line of sight, even though it's 3.46km away.

Edited by hoopla (Fri 01-May-20 19:31:36)

Standard User kams19
(learned) Sat 09-May-20 18:26:26
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

Three Network is playing again - 2-3M download speed from the usual 35-40M. The network issue tracker - says no issue in my post code.
It has become the most unreliable network now!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User buggerlugs
(member) Sat 09-May-20 19:29:31
Print Post

[re: kams19] [link to this post]

I believe it'll just be the level on contention on your mast. Rebooting the router helps.....I find sometimes 10-15 times per day is required.

When you reach an amount of download I think Three auto-throttle you but rebooting the router seems to fix it for a while.
Standard User kams19
(learned) Sun 10-May-20 14:32:23
Print Post

[re: buggerlugs] [link to this post]

I had hardly used any data as was on my other internet connection. I had done the basic reboot, etc but that didnt help. Had a chat and was transferred to second line who did some tests and took my complaint to investigate further - to come back in the usual 7 days. But they called me today and it seems they have fixed it. Speeds back to the usual 35-40M.Lets see how long it lasts.
Standard User buggerlugs
(member) Sun 10-May-20 14:42:34
Print Post

[re: kams19] [link to this post]

Its was just contention on your mast then and they're spinning you a line.
Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Mon 11-May-20 17:40:02
Print Post

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

Deleted. Problem returned.Useless info

Edited by woodmass14 (Mon 11-May-20 20:52:31)

Standard User andynormancx
(member) Thu 18-Jun-20 13:22:52
Print Post

Re: Is Three struggling at the moment or is it just me

[re: andynormancx] [link to this post]

My Three connection has continued to be flaky, mostly still usable, but the last two weeks it has got to the point where I occasionally have to try twice to load some webpages frown

So, time to try something else. EE is on the same tower, so I now have an EE unlimited SIM.

Since I was going up the ladder to replace the SIM, I took the opportunity for a router upgrade and moved to the category 6 Mikrotik SXT. Whether that will make any practical difference I don't know, there is sadly no CA on the tower yet.

Looking ok so far, it is giving me a speedtest of ~75/45. 45 up is nice, never got far beyond 30 with Three.

Ping time are down from the typical 40-60 on Three to 20-50, which is a very nice improvement.

We'll see how it performs over time, if it isn't at least as good as Three for the next week then I'll be taking advantage of the 14 day cooling off period on the contract.

Edited by andynormancx (Thu 18-Jun-20 13:23:31)

Standard User kams19
(learned) Fri 19-Jun-20 16:50:16
Print Post

Even I had switched to Vodafone 4G - its 70M/34M most of the time. Have kept 3 for back-up. But I keep testing 3 over the weekends - and as you mentioned even I have refresh the websites to work. Problem is when you are doing a financial transaction and it hangs!
Standard User andynormancx
(member) Sat 04-Jul-20 18:20:10
Print Post

EE is doing better so far. No flaky connections and I've been able to disable my script that rebooted the router once a day.
Pages in this thread: << 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | [25] | 26 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to