General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 22-Feb-20 19:15:07
Print Post

Re: Is Three’s network struggling at the moment or is it jus

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

The "business" price could well be ex-vat.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 22-Feb-20 19:25:03
Print Post

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sheephouse:
… I wanted a SIM to use as a business broadband replacement, but their phone SIMs are intended for one person and the broadband SIMs are expensive and capped ....
Ofcom view on tethering:-
In addition to Article 3(3) regarding traffic management, Ofcom was concerned about restrictions on ‘tethering’, which allows an end-user to share the internet connection of a phone or tablet with other devices such as laptops. Article 3(1) ensures end-users have the right to “use terminal equipment of their choice”. The BEREC Guidelines make specific reference to ‘tethering’, stating that the practice of restricting tethering is likely to constitute a restriction on choice of terminal equipment, because ISPs “should not impose restrictions on the use of terminal equipment connecting to the network in addition to those imposed by manufacturers or distributors of terminal equipment in accordance with Union law”.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 22-Feb-20 19:29:14)

Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Sat 22-Feb-20 22:55:22
Print Post

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

Just to add to previous comment.

Tried netflix again after a couple of months break from it and i'm getting low quality resolution from it. Thought it was a device issue so tried others and same deal. Ran a few speed tests ranging from 40-80mbps. However, when doing a speed test on fast.com the speeds struggle to pass 3mbps. I shall try a vpn to see if that sorts the issue as i think its some sort of traffic shaping.

Yep. A vpn did fix the issue. Hmm

Edited by woodmass14 (Sun 23-Feb-20 00:28:46)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Sun 23-Feb-20 09:53:11
Print Post

I think three have finally twigged, certainly for me the three netflix holiday is over, cant get above low quality without using a vpn.
I do have a 100GB mobile broadband sim that doesnt suffer the same fate, but that isnt in my Mikrotik which is outside getting the best signal and tbh with the imminent arrival of FTTP & Cityfibre I just cant be bothered to swap it.
Standard User bobbyboyuk
(committed) Sun 23-Feb-20 11:19:13
Print Post

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

Netflix bad for me, struggles to get over 1mbps ,they are throttling it
Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Sun 23-Feb-20 12:44:58
Print Post

[re: bobbyboyuk] [link to this post]

I'm unsure to be honest. Still getting low speeds when doing a speed test on fast.com. Low speeds when doing in app too. I figure the speed would at least fluctuate at different times if it was traffic shaping. That isn't happening with me. Don't particularly want to pay for a VPN if i don't need to either. I'll keep an eye on it over the next week and see if it improves. May be these network upgrades they are going on about. Luckily, i don't watch netflix often, otherwise, i think i'd have more of an issue with it.
Standard User kommando
(regular) Sun 23-Feb-20 14:03:55
Print Post

No problems with Amazon Prime 4K for me on Three. The is a dedicated Netflix speed tester and I get 73Mb with a Three/Voda dual wan router, Router tells me the 73Mb is 51Mb Three and 22Mb Voda. Three is band 3 only, turned off the CA with band 20 as its makes no real difference.

https://fast.com/en/gb/
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Sun 23-Feb-20 15:51:21
Print Post

[re: andynormancx] [link to this post]

Very interesting....

I just setup a B535 yesterday and today we were having intermittent browsing issues across multiple devices -- long pauses before loading youtube etc. Speeds around the 30 Mbps mark so not in itself an issue, but pages just hanging on loading for a minute or more.

Switching APN appeared to fix - but wasn't aware of the reset factor. I just switched it back and still loading ok.

So I may well have the exact same issue you described....
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Sun 23-Feb-20 15:59:08
Print Post

[re: planetf1] [link to this post]

Think I'll leave it on three.co.uk APN as not seen slowdown on there via phones at all. So maybe the throttling is more specific to 3internet
Standard User kommando
(regular) Sun 23-Feb-20 16:17:33
Print Post

[re: planetf1] [link to this post]

I have a ping monitor on both WANs to 1.1.1.1 both show 40m/s, with a bad period of an hour on both yesterday during the gale when it was peaking at 490m/s.

Using 3internet APN.

Edited by kommando (Sun 23-Feb-20 16:19:28)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to