General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sheephouse
(member) Mon 24-Feb-20 11:56:49
Print Post

Re: Is Three’s network struggling at the moment or is it jus

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes, business prices are ex-VAT, and the price I was quoted was cheaper even after allowing for that (I'm not VAT registered, so I always look at the VAT inclusive prices).
Standard User sheephouse
(member) Mon 24-Feb-20 12:04:32
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Their terms allow tethering and don't restrict the terminal equipment used, but do state that the unlimited SIMs are intended for use by a single person only. The broadband plans that are intended to be shared are more expensive - however, it seems that their call centre staff have the ability to be flexible.
I have no idea whether they would ever actually enforce the single user limit (I think it would be unlikely), but I'd prefer not to risk it, and it seems I don't have to.
Standard User bobbyboyuk
(committed) Mon 24-Feb-20 12:31:26
Print Post

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

Through a VPN connected to FAST.COM , France i get 20-30mb , No VPN 3.9mb

Been fine on Netflix last few weeks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User buggerlugs
(learned) Mon 24-Feb-20 13:56:36
Print Post

[re: bobbyboyuk] [link to this post]

Mines back to its usual poor bandwidth availability today, regardless of APN used. In all the time I've ever had broadband I have never had a router which I've had to reboot the number of times I have in the past month.
Standard User Timh30
(newbie) Tue 25-Feb-20 20:15:47
Print Post

[re: buggerlugs] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by buggerlugs:
Mines back to its usual poor bandwidth availability today, regardless of APN used. In all the time I've ever had broadband I have never had a router which I've had to reboot the number of times I have in the past month.

Yep - its gone down hill again after a brief improvement. Keep having to reset B535 router.
Standard User gary333
(committed) Tue 25-Feb-20 22:25:52
Print Post

[re: Timh30] [link to this post]

I’ve also had really poor speeds now for the whole of this month. Oddly upload which used to be poor is now double to triple what it was previously. I’d rather swap it back the other way frown

I also notice that at peak times my B525 is moving from band 3 with a stronger signal to band 1 with a weaker signal. I presume this must be the cell site deciding to do this as it doesn’t make sense for the router to swap from a stronger signal to weaker but this then causes even lower speeds than that of band 3.

Edited by gary333 (Tue 25-Feb-20 22:37:23)

Standard User andynormancx
(member) Wed 26-Feb-20 09:34:13
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

Mine has improved a little for the moment, has been more stable for the last week. I'm holding off on my £34/pm EE purchase at the moment.
Standard User kommando
(regular) Wed 26-Feb-20 12:28:06
Print Post

[re: andynormancx] [link to this post]

Did a speedtest this morning and got a record download speed on three, the speed issues must be mast based with too many connections for the backhaul. Mine is a rural mast and sparsely populated but the local exchange is Fibre with only 500 properties connected to exchange of which 300+ must be close to the exchange to get FTTC, there are also 2 wifi operators with 15mb and 25mb offerings so the mast cannot have many connecting to it for internet. The mast is also shared with EE and runs close to a major fibre trunk, so maybe has a good backhaul link.

Ping

Pinging through WAN2.
Pinging 1.1.1.1 with 64 bytes of Data through WAN2:
Receive reply from 1.1.1.1, time=60ms
Receive reply from 1.1.1.1, time=50ms
Receive reply from 1.1.1.1, time=60ms
Packets: Sent = 5, Received = 5, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

Voda ping is 40m/s

Edited by kommando (Wed 26-Feb-20 12:33:23)

(member) Wed 26-Feb-20 13:32:30
Print Post

[re: kommando] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kommando:
Did a speedtest this morning and got a record download speed on three, the speed issues must be mast based with too many connections for the backhaul.

I doubt there is one single issue impacting the whole Three network.

The problems I've been seeing are definitely not simple local capacity issues. If they were they'd match typical high load periods, but they don't.

The periods of poor service have been at random times during the day/night and often they don't impact all traffic.
(member) Wed 26-Feb-20 13:39:30
Print Post

[re: andynormancx] [link to this post]

Although thinking about it, maybe the randomness does point to a very local cause.

Maybe there are one or two heavy users on the same antenna segment as me now. There are times when I'm using a fair percentage of the theoretically max LTE bandwidth for short periods, so maybe the change over the last couple of months is that there are other heavy users I'm now competing for airtime with.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to