General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User crule
(regular) Sat 23-May-20 13:13:11
Print Post

Location of Masts

[link to this post]

Please can anyone provide a link to a website which will show the logation of 3g/4g masts in my area.
The area in the west of the Southdowns National Park seems very badly seved by any provider.
My reason for asking is that the local exchange is not LLU and is some 6Km away and internet D/L speed is only 2Mbits/s so I am looking at other options
Thanks
Standard User _Belial
(member) Sat 23-May-20 17:37:04
Print Post

Re: Location of Masts

[re: crule] [link to this post]

You could try this

https://www.cellmapper.net/map

if (isp.name='Nildram') { speed-=50%}
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-May-20 18:12:56
Print Post

[re: crule] [link to this post]

Depending where you are in the south downs, you may be suffering from the number of people whom complained about masts in the 1990s and 2000’s, and so the mast towers were never built.

Remember there are 4 physical networks, O2, Vodafone, Three and EE, and for getting faster than 2Mbps, you should test a PAYG sim from each of these networks. (SIMs available in shell petrol stations around here, for £1 each with no credit on).

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TimJ
(committed) Wed 27-May-20 09:20:02
Print Post

[re: _Belial] [link to this post]

I agree that Cellmapper is the best source of info but you can also get some info from:

Android App "Cell Info Lite" that displays the location of the mast you are currently using, but its database seems to have many errors.

The cellmapper App displays the LTE timing info which apparently equates to distance so is a useful cross check. But the app drains your battery very quickly.

Mastdata.com is a useful site, but has a ridiculously expensive subscription. You can get a months free trial by signing up with just an email address no payment details are needed.
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-20 11:40:11
Print Post

[re: TimJ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TimJ:
Mastdata.com is a useful site
I found Mastdata.com very out of date for my location, may not be the case for everyone.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-May-20 13:14:09
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dect:
I found Mastdata.com very out of date for my location, may not be the case for everyone.

It has the old Ofcom sitefinder data, which is so old Ofcom shut down sitefinder.

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Standard User kommando
(regular) Wed 27-May-20 13:54:16
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Mastdata is out of date for my location too, has info later than the Ofcom but as its planning application data its publicly available. So they could just be overlaying this over the last Ofcom data.
  Print Thread

Jump to