General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User buggerlugs
(member) Fri 26-Jun-20 20:49:56
Print Post

Re: TP-Link MR600 vs Huawei B535

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

So could that be why my IP address can be anywhere in the UK then? Because its where each specific pipe on the mast terminates?

So with 3g,4g and 5g you are effectively just paying for the router and mast hardware, the actual connection to the internet from the mast onwards can be provided by anyone?

Edited by buggerlugs (Fri 26-Jun-20 20:50:15)

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 27-Jun-20 11:17:07
Print Post

[re: buggerlugs] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by buggerlugs:
So could that be why my IP address can be anywhere in the UK then? Because its where each specific pipe on the mast terminates?

So with 3g,4g and 5g you are effectively just paying for the router and mast hardware, the actual connection to the internet from the mast onwards can be provided by anyone?

Nope, the connectivity from the mast isn't direct to the internet, but to the network core. This isn't just an ISP, telephone calls have to be handled as well.

Also people expect to be able to move around whilst using their devices to make calls or watch video etc, and there is a lot of technology involved in this.

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM

Edited by jchamier (Sat 27-Jun-20 11:17:46)

Standard User barker04
(member) Sat 27-Jun-20 13:39:19
Print Post

[re: DGR1] [link to this post]

I am looking to use the MR600 with a sky box for on demand stuff . Do you know if the mr600 and or B535 work with this ? And also if it’s possible to change the MTU on them (mobile broadband side not Wi-fi)?

Many thanks!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to