General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Andoids
(learned) Thu 18-Jun-20 12:01:24
Print Post

B525 Youview/4G problem

[link to this post]

Hi all. Hope someon here can help/advise. I have already spent several weeks on the Youview community webpages trying to get a solution, but well meaning as they are, no result: I now suspect that my issue is 4G/router based and not Youview after all.
Basically... I (my wife !) cant watch SOME catchup channels on the Humax/Youview TV box. i.e. ALL4, ITV, Ch5..... but BBC iPlayer does work. I have done everything to the youview box (reset hard and soft) gone through every permutation possible, contacted Youview and Channel 4 directly, but no solution: eventually I even bought a new Youview box....but the problem persists.
I am at a loss. ...... The only thing I can think of is that the 4G router signal/location is messing with the Youview security/location/ISP settings, that dont comply with what the Youview box is expecting.
Any ideas?
I thought of trying a DDNS, but cant get it to work on the router......
Anyone?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 18-Jun-20 15:42:22
Print Post

Re: B525 Youview/4G problem

[re: Andoids] [link to this post]

Which 4G provider please?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connection - Three B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up. 1+ 8 Pro max 80Mbps down, 24Mbps up.
=========================
To argue with a mindless bigot is foolish.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 18-Jun-20 16:30:18
Print Post

Can you watch iPlayer using the connection on something else? e.g. a phone using WiFi or a tablet, or a laptop ?

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Andoids
(learned) Thu 18-Jun-20 19:37:44
Print Post

Provider Vodafon, get about 45mbps download and 40ms latency

iPlayer does work on the Youview box.

Strangely... On my PC and phone I can use All4, ITV, CH5 etc via the same router.... but the youview box refuses to play them....... gotta be a setting in the youview box that isnt happy with 4G??

Actually I did a reboot of everything a week ago and it did work for about 2 hours..... but then during and advert break stopped working (while watching something on All4), I havent been able to get it to work since.
Standard User Dean83
(newbie) Thu 18-Jun-20 21:14:36
Print Post

Do you use this box for free view channels or just for catch up / streaming players ?

If you have never done a channel scan with an aerial connected, some of the catch up players don’t show due to ‘regional content ‘

Try doing a channel scan with an aerial connected , this will establish your Freeview transmitter area - then in your view settings ‘update players ‘ .

Once done you can unplug the aerial and the players will continue to work, the aerial does not need to remain connected
Standard User Andoids
(learned) Fri 19-Jun-20 09:05:50
Print Post

[re: Dean83] [link to this post]

Hi,,,, um yes we use it for watching Free To Air TV all the time. This is the main reason for us having it. We get excellent signal from the aerial (100%) and 110 channels.
  Print Thread

Jump to