General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Aug-20 09:07:34
Print Post

Re: Potential 'fix' for the Three uk latency / stuck pages i

[re: gogothree] [link to this post]

Sensible??

£35 a month seems pretty sensible.

Matt - Just a JitteryPinger

10 years in Technical Customer Service, Construction Trades and Administration - Now I'm a Chef, whats next?
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Aug-20 12:25:56
Print Post

[re: gogothree] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gogothree:
When EE offer a sensible unlimited package and signal in my area.

Three's price for unlimited is probably unsustainable, and could be a reason why many people are posting problems.

Three could easily do what they have done (twice?) before, and cancel plans and force people off them. They are the only UK network whom have done this. They are also, currently, the only network to force/require an upgrade at the end of a min-term period.

Three are behaving very oddly recently.

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Standard User GonePostal
(committed) Sun 02-Aug-20 21:21:41
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:

If a business decides on a strategic policy then cascades the policy down with performance reviews and maybe bonuses hanging on the achievement of targets within that strategic policy you quite often get inappropriate management behaviours to hit the target at the expense of the paying customer.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User buggerlugs
(member) Sun 02-Aug-20 21:29:27
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
In reply to a post by gogothree:
When EE offer a sensible unlimited package and signal in my area.

They are also, currently, the only network to force/require an upgrade at the end of a min-term period.

Force an upgrade at the end of min-term just to stay with them? Sounds like a way of behaving similar to Virgin Media.

If the lacklustre level of performance from their over-subscribed 4G service and none existent customer service isn't enough to put people off even stopping with them, increasing the monthly price to stay with them certainly will.

Who do they expect WILL stay with them exactly?
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Aug-20 21:37:06
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by GonePostal:
If a business decides on a strategic policy then cascades the policy down with performance reviews and maybe bonuses hanging on the achievement of targets within that strategic policy you quite often get inappropriate management behaviours to hit the target at the expense of the paying customer.

Some very high ranking people resigned from Three earlier in the year, and commentator think there may be some push from the owners for something. Maybe increased ARPU, or maybe to increase total customer numbers, given Three have the lowest of the 4 UK physical networks.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Aug-20 21:42:25
Print Post

[re: buggerlugs] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by buggerlugs:
Force an upgrade at the end of min-term just to stay with them? Sounds like a way of behaving similar to Virgin Media.

If the lacklustre level of performance from their over-subscribed 4G service and none existent customer service isn't enough to put people off even stopping with them, increasing the monthly price to stay with them certainly will.

Who do they expect WILL stay with them exactly?

Those whom like paying rock bottom prices, e.g. a friend of mine is on SIM only 8GB of data for £8 with unlimited talk, text and WiFi calling. None of the others majors compete at this very low price.

All networks go through pain points, O2 has had quite a few, and it seems this year is Three’s turn.

There are reports the Samsung hardware that makes up the bulk of the 4G network has not worked out, not performed, and Three’s plan was to replace with Huawei 4G, so they could add Huawei 5G.

The UK Government’s decision recently has hurt that plan in a big way.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to