General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User carlo1460
(newbie) Tue 06-Oct-20 13:23:27
Print Post

Three network improvements - allegedly

[link to this post]

Does anyone have any experience of these said improvements actually improving anything?

My area is surrounded with band 3 masts about, and no CA anywhere here in Chester as far as I've noticed.

Three have confirmed we are in process of having the big network build completed by Friday 9th October, and I'm conscious this isn't going to improve anything for me specifically.

They claim there isn't enough congestion in my area (0.5mbps most evenings) to do anything to improve this, unless it does change on Friday but not hopeful.

The city centre gets around 80-100mbps, train station around 30, and I'm 5 min walk from the station, full 4g, and get next to nothing speed wise with the usual page load/social media lag issues. I'm 0.5km from the mast which is on top of a high-rise.

I've a complaint open since last weekend and someone will email me come Sunday to see how the signal is from there. If its no better I'll probably request free cancellation and go to BT as I'm within 14 day cool off with BT and get 130mbps (1gb plan so probably double speeds when you get a 15gb or more data plans with BT). Their 50gb plan for £20 seems fair for my usage.

They also have plans for a 5g mast to be built on my road but that'll be months off I'm sure.

CityFibre was activated on our exchanges back in March (source: friend who works in BT engineer resourcing) but not seen any improvement yet unless they need to switch it on or whatever they do.

Any experience would be appreciated.
Standard User kommando
(regular) Tue 06-Oct-20 20:41:07
Print Post

Re: Three network improvements - allegedly

[re: carlo1460] [link to this post]

My mast was upgraded according to the network status checker, mast was down for 3 days. No change noticed.
Standard User carlo1460
(newbie) Tue 06-Oct-20 21:15:18
Print Post

[re: kommando] [link to this post]

I wonder if they connect it all at a later time after doing the upgrades to the equipment.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User carlo1460
(newbie) Wed 07-Oct-20 20:29:32
Print Post

[re: carlo1460] [link to this post]

So, today my network must've gone live as this morning I was getting 50+ which was a shocker.

This evening between 10 and 30mbps so their big build does eventually pay off.

Samsung s10 5g (though no 5g here yet). No CA either here.
  Print Thread

Jump to