General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hoopla
(committed) Sun 13-Dec-20 12:11:35
Print Post

Re: Anyone beat this 10.3TB in 30 days

[re: Newbie789] [link to this post]

The fact that you got away with it makes no difference. It is selfish and stupid to do it and moronic to brag about it.
Grow up.
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Sun 13-Dec-20 23:25:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by Newbie789:
I actually been uploading to youtube 30days maxed out and downloading nonstop hit my best 10.3tb https://ibb.co/1sC65MZ

What are you downloading to reach that level?

BT Infinity 2 - ECI Cabinet
Standard User Newbie789
(newbie) Mon 14-Dec-20 11:07:02
Print Post

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bowdon:
I actually been uploading to youtube 30days maxed out and downloading nonstop hit my best 10.3tb https://ibb.co/1sC65MZ

I do youtube videos 4k 60fps iphone 12 pro max each 60 minutes files well over 50gb in data to download via icloud.com once downloaded upload to youtube another 50gb data that well over 100gb data.....just for one video

Isn't hard to rack up 10tb with kids watching 4k disney+ netflix 4k and brother downloading 200gb ps4 updates and ps5 games....

Edited by Newbie789 (Mon 14-Dec-20 11:07:50)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gary333
(experienced) Mon 14-Dec-20 11:46:13
Print Post

Isn't hard to rack up 10tb with kids watching 4k disney+ netflix 4k and brother downloading 200gb ps4 updates and ps5 games....

Let's not be silly. Using 10TB is the well within the top 1% of UK top consumer users (and far more likely to be in the 0.1% of users, and that's for wired connections. 10TB over mobile connections will make you one of Three's highest users in the country. 10TB is the equivalent of 14.1GB per hour, 24 hours per day, every day, or the equivalent of 31.5Mb/sec all the time (based on 30.1 day month)

The company I work for has over 50,000 connections all sharing 12TB per month (which we don't use up)!
Standard User Newbie789
(newbie) Mon 14-Dec-20 11:55:38
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gary333:
... nested quotes trimmed ...

Let's not be silly. Using 10TB is the well within the top 1% of UK top consumer users (and far more likely to be in the 0.1% of users, and that's for wired connections. 10TB over mobile connections will make you one of Three's highest users in the country. 10TB is the equivalent of 14.1GB per hour, 24 hours per day, every day, or the equivalent of 31.5Mb/sec all the time (based on 30.1 day month)

The company I work for has over 50,000 connections all sharing 12TB per month (which we don't use up)!

I do have utorrent uploading 24/7 ontop and sometimes maxed out usenet for hours and hours overnight...
Btw my billing reset two days ago already upto 654gb data used
Will upload screenshots on my billing for the last 4 months
Done well over 5tb,7tb,7tb and 10.3tb

Edited by Newbie789 (Mon 14-Dec-20 12:04:06)

Standard User craski
(committed) Mon 14-Dec-20 12:59:57
Print Post

I dont agree with wasteful use of bandwidth but dont think the average employee data consumption can be compared to home/personal use. I run a small WISP and we regularly see single households hitting 2TB in a month.

Zen Business FTTC BQM
Talk Talk Business FTTC BQM
Standard User gary333
(experienced) Mon 14-Dec-20 16:34:15
Print Post

[re: craski] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by craski:

I dont agree with wasteful use of bandwidth but dont think the average employee data consumption can be compared to home/personal use. I run a small WISP and we regularly see single households hitting 2TB in a month.

Not saying it's directly comparable, what I was illustrating was the significance of how much data 10TB actually is over 4G (and presumably from one cell site!). The average data use per Three customer is around 9-10GB per month. 10TB via 4G is absolute madness, and more fool Three for not booting this person off. Just this one person could be taking up resources (from the sounds of it for almost 24 hours per day) and degrading the service for everyone else connected on the same bands on that cell.

I'm sure customers on your network do use 2TB, however I bet it's not a massive percentage of them and even if they are 10TB is still a five fold increase to this so significantly more. Presumably you will be selling your service as a broadband connection too. Over a shared medium like Three's 4G using this amount of data you have to be gobbling up the majority of available capacity available for everyone.
Standard User kevindb
(regular) Mon 14-Dec-20 16:57:14
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

I'm on water rates so I've leave all my taps running and the bogs are in permanent flush. Can anyone beat my water usage?
Standard User johnankrett
(newbie) Mon 14-Dec-20 17:40:02
Print Post

Re: Anyone beat this 10.3TB in 30 days *DELETED*

[re: kevindb] [link to this post]

Post deleted by johnankrett
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Dec-20 18:21:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by gary333:
The average data use per Three customer is around 9-10GB per month. 10TB via 4G is absolute madness, and more fool Three for not booting this person off. Just this one person could be taking up resources (from the sounds of it for almost 24 hours per day) and degrading the service for everyone else connected on the same bands on that cell.

I thought Three had introduced an FUP, but I can't find it, I know that EE is 600 GB, and O2 is 650GB, and Vodafone doesn't have one.

I suspect Three will probably introduce one, based on this user alone!

21 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to