General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Homey
(newbie) Wed 23-Dec-20 23:38:12
Print Post

Horrendous service from Three

[link to this post]

We’ve been getting 25mb approx with Three for some time but for the past few days this has dropped down to less than 1mb. We’ve called customer service and their excuse is that there’s some work being done on the mast and it’ll be 7 days before it’s completed. This is always their answer and their online checker always says the same thing whenever you check it. In fact, over the last two years, it says the same thing even when it’s been working! Just for a joke I entered random postcodes from the internet and on every single one, the checker gave the same result - work in progress, will be finished soon etc!
Joking aside, tomorrow’s Xmas eve and we have a 1mb connection and kids to entertain. We’re using a Mikrotik router / external antenna that’s configured correctly but seems that’s there’s no room for us at the Three bandwidth inn.
Based in Cowbridge, South Wales.
Speed is now 130k and ping is 2380ms. 😟

Edited by Homey (Wed 23-Dec-20 23:44:06)

Standard User Homey
(newbie) Thu 24-Dec-20 09:48:31
Print Post

Re: Horrendous service from Three

[re: Homey] [link to this post]

Just called Three CS again this morning and they have absolutely no idea. I’ve just had 20 mins of ‘have you tried turning it on and off’ etc. Absolutely disgusted with their ‘it’ll be fixed within 7 days’ response.
Do they really have someone working over Christmas fixing this problem? I think not, yet they still say it because they have nothing else.
I’ve signed up with EE this morning and told Three to shove their ‘service’ up their collective wazoos.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 24-Dec-20 11:06:35
Print Post

It isn't the fault of anyone on the telephone help lines of course. They would probably love to have a few stress-free days over Christmas, but for many of them there's little chance of that.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Dec-20 13:04:51
Print Post

I have EE and compared to when I had Three it’s night and day, I suspect it will solve your issues.
Standard User nOw2
(learned) Fri 25-Dec-20 15:07:43
Print Post

Before FTTP got here, I had both EE and 3 behind a WAN load balancer - one of the two would usually be acceptable but neither was perfect.
Keep your 3 service if you need or want reliability.
Standard User andynormancx
(committed) Fri 25-Dec-20 15:35:47
Print Post

[re: nOw2] [link to this post]

Definitely. EE were great when I first gave up and switched from Three.

But then service gradually degraded over the next four months, though it has recovered back to a decent service again recently.
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Fri 25-Dec-20 18:07:26
Print Post

Could also be due to the load on your local cells increasing.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU =>> ZeN FTTP (100 Mbps down, 18 Mbps up)
Router: Fritzbox 7530

Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
  Print Thread

Jump to