General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RebootTheRouter
(newbie) Wed 17-Feb-21 12:31:27
Print Post

anyone have any experience of uw mobile?

[link to this post]

i've found a mobile provider (utility warehouse) who offer unlimited everything via the ee network for £20 a month... a bargain really. i get 80-90mb on my virgin mobile sim card for nearly double the price.

does anyone here have any experience using them? what are the speeds like? what is the fair use policy that they speak of? have you gotten in trouble for using the sim in a router (their terms forbid it but i believe this would be a breach of regulations)

thanks smile
Standard User Anonymous1337
(learned) Tue 23-Feb-21 11:35:50
Print Post

Re: anyone have any experience of uw mobile?

[re: RebootTheRouter] [link to this post]

Can you post a link to this plan? Looks interesting.
Standard User haydnwalker
(newbie) Tue 23-Feb-21 12:47:49
Print Post

Unfortunately the Fair Use Policy says it cant be used to replaced fixed line services

Excerpt Below
You must only use our mobile SIM in a personal mobile device. It is not intended for use in
any other type of device, including 4G/5G routers, and is not intended to replace a fixed
broadband service.

Regards,
Haydn

Edited by haydnwalker (Tue 23-Feb-21 12:51:24)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User haydnwalker
(newbie) Tue 23-Feb-21 12:52:10
Print Post

[re: Anonymous1337] [link to this post]

The link you are looking for is:

HERE

Regards,
Haydn
Standard User kams19
(learned) Tue 23-Feb-21 15:08:09
Print Post

there is a discussion on this very topic on Hot Uk Deals, people have reported that they called to stop using it in router. Google search and it should show up.
If you prefer Vodafone - check out on Lebara offer for ultd data (+cashback). I have been using this and it gives constant 35M download
Standard User hoopla
(committed) Tue 23-Feb-21 18:18:53
Print Post

[re: haydnwalker] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by haydnwalker:

HERE
That just takes you to the sign-up pages, which don't give any FUP details.

I found a FUP here but that's for business mobile.

This seems to be the residential version which I can't find linked from their website.

Edited by hoopla (Tue 23-Feb-21 18:21:07)

Standard User Pheasant
(committed) Tue 23-Feb-21 18:36:38
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hoopla:
In reply to a post by haydnwalker:

HERE
That just takes you to the sign-up pages, which don't give any FUP details.

I found a FUP here but that's for business mobile.

This seems to be the residential version which I can't find linked from their website.

I'm just passing through here....but to note the link to their residential FUP is under the FAQ section of the page linked above by Haydyn - titled "Does unlimited really mean unlimited?"

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User hoopla
(committed) Tue 23-Feb-21 19:00:31
Print Post

[re: kams19] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kams19:
If you prefer Vodafone - check out on Lebara offer for ultd data (+cashback). I have been using this and it gives constant 35M download
Can you find a link to this? I can't!
Standard User hoopla
(committed) Tue 23-Feb-21 19:24:32
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Pheasant:
I'm just passing through here....but to note the link to their residential FUP is under the FAQ section of the page linked above by Haydyn - titled "Does unlimited really mean unlimited?"
Thanks. The restriction seems to break OFCOM net neutrality rules, though. I can't see how they could enforce it.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 23-Feb-21 19:28:28
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hoopla:
In reply to a post by Pheasant:
Thanks. The restriction seems to break OFCOM net neutrality rules, though. I can't see how they could enforce it.
Quite.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
The EU’s multiple failures are due to a deeper malaise .... What malaise? The EU’s formidable immunity to the smallest amount of democracy. New Statesman Feb 2021.
Standard User hoopla
(committed) Sat 27-Feb-21 17:54:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by RebootTheRouter:
i've found a mobile provider (utility warehouse) who offer unlimited everything via the ee network for £20 a month... a bargain really. i get 80-90mb on my virgin mobile sim card for nearly double the price.

does anyone here have any experience using them? what are the speeds like? what is the fair use policy that they speak of? have you gotten in trouble for using the sim in a router (their terms forbid it but i believe this would be a breach of regulations)

thanks smile
I'm trying it at present. The sim card seemed to take a long time to arrive, but although it was in UW packaging, it seems to be a standard EE sim and it seems to work the same as a standard EE sim. The APN is the standard EE one. Not sure about the routing, because I use a vpn.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to