Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 21-Mar-10 15:05:23
Print Post

Re: Adding a wireless access point...please help!!!

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I have the same...DGN2000 and WN802Tv2... after much fiddling i got it to work for about ten minutes then it disconnected again. maybe its channel conflicts?? anyone can help would be appreciated!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 22-Mar-10 05:54:09
Print Post

Okay guys finally i figured out what the problem was...

heres a breakdown of what you need to do.

firstly duplicate all settings from Router to access point.
then change the SSID on the access point to something other than your routers SSID
make sure you have them both on the same channel mines 8 but i dont think this matters.

Now the key is to change your speed to on your router to 130mbps - apparently using 300 actually uses 2 channels not just one which is why my AP kept dropping signal!

Now my DGN2000 and WN802Tv2 are communicating perfectly!

hope this helps anyone else out there as i have been tearing my hair out for about a 4 days over this.

Marcus
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 16-May-10 15:42:07
Print Post

Congrats... But when wirelessly connecting the DGN2000 wirelessly to the WN802Tv2, what is your security setting - WPA/WPA2 or WEP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 16-Jul-10 20:07:58
Print Post

Shoo this has been kept me busy for a few days.

What I found is that the version of the firmware is important.

The firmware on the DGN2000 needs to be on version 1.1.1 the reason being is that with a higher firmware version I found it had a serious problem accepting the MAC address of the WN802Tv2 starting with C0:...etc

I had the firmware of the WN802Tv2 on version 3.1.3

The two units are talking well together now on WEP only, as soon as I try to up it to WAP or WAP2 it drops the connection, no success yet getting it up on WAP or WAP2 still trying, will let everyone know as soon as I have any luck and the settings used.

One other issue Iíve found between the DGN2000 and the WN802Tv2 is that I've not being able to get connections any better than 54Mbps with the bridge. As soon as I increase it higher than 54Mbps on both units it drops the connection. Any suggestions?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 21-Jul-10 17:55:00
Print Post

I have a DG834G and WN802Tv2 however I cannot connect them to talk to one another. I purchased the WN802Tv2 as a wireless access point to extend the wireless on the current router between two floors at work but I cannot get the WN802Tv2 to talk to the DG834G. If I connect wirelessly to the WN802Tv2 I get an IP addess and says i'm connected but I cannot surf the new. Been trying to get this configured for almost the past week. PLEASE HELP

THANKS
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 16-Jan-12 11:03:04
Print Post

[re: johncarroll1] [link to this post]

please help, i have 2 dgn2000 routers. both running same firmware and talking together happily. but that is where it ends. d.h.c.p won't pass through. this is required to make my print server work. the setup did work before. d h c p needs to be turned off for this to work.
so i have
1 turned d hc p off on both routers.
2 set fixed IP addressees and masks on both routers to match d h c p server settings.
3 tr yed NAT both on and off
something is blocking the data and making the computer slow al though the D h c p works with the computer the print doesn't.

any suggestions welcome
thanks in advance
splatter.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 13-Feb-12 16:06:07
Print Post

Hi

I have a DGN2000 setup as a wireless access point to my Orange Bright Box router and all seems to be working well with the exception of anything with a fixed IP address.

All the static IP devices are plugged into the BrightBox and the DGN2000 is connected to the BrightBox via Powerline adaptors. The DGN2000 has a fixed IP address and DHCP is turned off on this router.

If I look at the attached devices the BrightBox only shows clients with IP addresses it has assigned.

If I look at the DGN2000 attached devices it shows everything with the static IP.

If I turn off the wireless on the DGN2000 I cannot connect to any of my static devices including the DGN2000 when I am in range of the BrightBox. Pinging the DGN2000 from a wireless client attached to the BrightBox gives host unreachable. Switching the DGN2000 wireless back on allows me to communicate with my static IP devices but only if I am within wireless range of the DGN2000.

This is driving me mad surely I should be able to roam between access points and see the static devices which should show as attached to the BrightBox or am I missing the obvious.

I am using the same SSID and WPA2 password. The two routers are running on separate channels 6 & 11.

Cheers

Paul
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 13-Feb-12 16:56:14
Print Post

Example IP addresses used? As they are lan side, it is safe to post them.

Also I presume you are plugging the Brightbox into the DGN2000 via one of the LAN ports?

Have you looked at wireless isolation as an issue?

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 14-Feb-12 12:26:50
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

BrightBox is 192.168.0.1
DGN2000 is 192.168.0.2 also tried 192.168.0.120

The BrightBox is connected to the internet and is running DHCP the DGN2000 is connected to the BrightBox via powerline adaptors using the LAN ports. LAN port 1 on the DGN2000 and LAN port 3 on the BrightBox.

I noticed last night that if I leave the device near the office router (BrightBox) for around three minutes it will work and I can see the other router.

Don't understand the part about wireless isolation.

Cheers

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to