Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MHC
(legend) Thu 05-Jan-12 22:08:02
Print Post

Re: Bt broadband talk

[re: grarcher] [link to this post]

Do you know your 0560 VOIP number?

If so, try to get it working on the 2 wire. I can provide the method ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User shtu
(experienced) Thu 05-Jan-12 22:32:07
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
Do you know your 0560 VOIP number?

If so, try to get it working on the 2 wire. I can provide the method ...

Definitely worth a shot. Likewise, I can pitch in if needed.

(It's also perfectly feasible to use another voip provider, and probably work out cheaper - you can still have extra lines if you want them.)

Edited by shtu (Thu 05-Jan-12 22:34:47)

Standard User MHC
(legend) Thu 05-Jan-12 22:41:55
Print Post

[re: shtu] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by shtu:
(It's also perfectly feasible to use another voip provider, and probably work out cheaper - you can still have extra lines if you want them.)

My first is free along with 500 minutes - which I rarely use.

The second is £5/month including a large block of minutes which I rarely exceed and if I do, the charges are minimal on BT - 1800 minutes excess last month and the cost was just £2.50

M H C

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User grarcher
(newbie) Fri 06-Jan-12 16:13:57
Print Post

The Saga continues:- after some configuration changes to the new 2 wire router it started to run ok and I actually managed to get the system running better than when I had the HomeHub 1.0
Great I thought now all I need is the speed upgrade.
The loss of the hubphone seems to be ok as I transffered the Anytime plan to the main line and saved money.

However now BT in their wisdom upgraded me overnight and guess what, now I have half the speed I had before the upgrade. Down to .550 Kbps download Bandwidth.
BT say thay cannot help as I have a third party router which is strange as its a BT 2700HGV part number.

After several calls it comes to light that the BT 2wire 2700HGV router is not compatible with the new speed service. (Think BS)
Still as now they offered to send free of charge a new HomeHub 3.0 its worth a try.
Now thinking this I have just replaced the 2wire with the old Homehub 1.0 version

Guess what I now have 12Mb/s download and 1.5Mbps bandwidth. depends on who's speed site you use.
So it could be they are correct which prompts the question?
Does the 2 wire 2700HGV require new firmware to run on the higher speed broadband ?
Standard User micksharpe
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Jan-12 16:38:46
Print Post

The 2700HGV is used with BT's business packages. We got 8Mbps on our business line. I haven't tried it on my home line since the PSU is bust. Be aware that serious problems have been reported with firmware updates, so I wouldn't tinker with it if I were you. See here for the latest news.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
'Sir, please,' she said... 'Will you not share your wisdom with us?'
'I have no wisdom,' he told her.
'Your experiences, then?'
'They have been trivial, uninteresting, and full of error.'
Iain M. Banks -- Feersum Endjinn
It Ought to be Easy | Greasemonkey scripts
Standard User grarcher
(newbie) Fri 06-Jan-12 16:47:06
Print Post

I had a regional number the same as my exchange.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Fri 06-Jan-12 17:02:12
Print Post

The 2700HGV is fully capable of running at 20Mbps on an ADSL2+ line, the only exception might be the older v4 software.

Can you access teh GUI and tell me what the hardware and firmware versions are ... also, there is a training history page which can be very useful ... take a decent screen shot of that and host it then post a link here.

M H C

Standard User MHC
(legend) Fri 06-Jan-12 17:12:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by grarcher:
I had a regional number the same as my exchange.

That is just an overlay on top of the 0560 number - I have exactly the same but have to use the 0560 to set up the router.

M H C

Standard User grarcher
(newbie) Fri 06-Jan-12 19:38:30
Print Post

I can do that tomorrow but the setting for ATM PVC Search should this be selected or not.
MTU is 1500
I know the Hardware version is 2701-100589-005 taken from the System information page
Firmware is 6.3.9.63-plus.tm This is an upgrade to the initial version and the device was only turned on yesterday
Key code is 528y-27g4-a222-22bj-b22v

Not sure what you mean by training pages?
Standard User MHC
(legend) Fri 06-Jan-12 20:00:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by grarcher:
I can do that tomorrow but the setting for ATM PVC Search should this be selected or not.
MTU is 1500
I know the Hardware version is 2701-100589-005 taken from the System information page
Firmware is 6.3.9.63-plus.tm This is an upgrade to the initial version and the device was only turned on yesterday
Key code is 528y-27g4-a222-22bj-b22v

Not sure what you mean by training pages?

10589-005 is one of the later units and the firmware being .63 (through an upgrade) confirms it.

VPI/VCI should be 0 & 38
Routed VC Mux
And I am not sure about ATM PVC search. I am on Infinity and the 2700s are used as additional WAPs.

MTU at 1500 should be OK but try it at 1492 and 1478 - changing te PC too. On Infinity 1492 is the optimum.

The Training page http://home/xslt?PAGE=C_5_3 is a log of sync, loss of sync and resync events and includes SNR,Attn, Speed &c http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/Polchraine/TBB/... and http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/Polchraine/TBB/... are snapshots from my ADSL2+ connection.

That page also has a bit loading graphs which is of use too. It shows how many bits can be carried by each Tone/Bin.

M H C

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to