Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User paulb100
(regular) Tue 22-Jan-13 22:13:08
Print Post

Re: Complex situation. Is this a master socket?

[re: solado] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by solado:
Hi,

I just put the order for BT infinity through and on the order form it said "Free line installation -£130" so they have wavered the fee smile

just goes too show how poor Sky's system is - BT can sign you up for a new line but sky cant!! like I said I see it all the time on their forums, IMO sky need a good overhaul of their systems as a whole....its not just 'signing up' that has issues.

the sad thing is once your connected to BT you will show up on sky's system should you attempt too sign up with them lol - you should email sky's CEO dept. [email protected] and demand that you should not be made to pay the remaining contract because it was them who were unable to supply you with services at your new home because their system is rubbish...explain that other ISPs could and this will prove how poor it is and its 100% their fault and they should waiver the remainder or at least meet you half way reduce it.... I emailed that address and got assigned a customer relations rep who was pretty high up...got all my problems fixed and line rental at £1 month for 1 year..

glad you got sorted anyway smile however with BT Infinity you wont be able to use P2P/Torrents during peak hours, but outside peak is fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tech & Broadband Chat
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 22-Jan-13 22:16:58
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

If proper individual flats, i.e. planning permission and thus on proper paperwork then one line per flat for the USO

If just a room rented out, then Openreach may say no if the work is beyond the normal line install

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User solado
(newbie) Thu 24-Jan-13 22:23:12
Print Post

[re: paulb100] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by paulb100:
Hi,

I just put the order for BT infinity through and on the order form it said "Free line installation -£130" so they have wavered the fee smile

just goes too show how poor Sky's system is - BT can sign you up for a new line but sky cant!! like I said I see it all the time on their forums, IMO sky need a good overhaul of their systems as a whole....its not just 'signing up' that has issues.

the sad thing is once your connected to BT you will show up on sky's system should you attempt too sign up with them lol - you should email sky's CEO dept. [email protected] and demand that you should not be made to pay the remaining contract because it was them who were unable to supply you with services at your new home because their system is rubbish...explain that other ISPs could and this will prove how poor it is and its 100% their fault and they should waiver the remainder or at least meet you half way reduce it.... I emailed that address and got assigned a customer relations rep who was pretty high up...got all my problems fixed and line rental at £1 month for 1 year..

glad you got sorted anyway smile however with BT Infinity you wont be able to use P2P/Torrents during peak hours, but outside peak is fine.

I contacted that email provided and got a call at about 6 this afternoon from someone who sounded like they had authority!

They apologized for my "poor experience" and ended my contract with no costs smile

Have openreach coming on behalf of BT Wednesday, fingers crossed it all goes swimmingly.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User paulb100
(regular) Thu 24-Jan-13 22:32:14
Print Post

[re: solado] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by paulb100:
Hi,

I contacted that email provided and got a call at about 6 this afternoon from someone who sounded like they had authority!

They apologized for my "poor experience" and ended my contract with no costs smile

Have openreach coming on behalf of BT Wednesday, fingers crossed it all goes swimmingly.

well there you go smile glad I could help smile

hope all goes well with BT... which Iam sure it will... smile

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tech & Broadband Chat
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to