Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sora
(member) Mon 08-Jun-15 13:47:03
Print Post

Re: Problem with tp-link powerline adapter.

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
In reply to a post by sora:
Thats what i thought but if i try it on another speed test website it drops to under 5 and downloads are taking forever even though it says it fine on the think broadband website.

Can you take the ps4 to the router, connect direct with ethernet cable and not homeplugs. Turn it on as you do when it slows things down... Is it still slowing down the WiFi?

Sorry, i was only able to do this today.

It does slow down other devices but not as slow as using the homeplugs. it drops to around 7-15 after doing a few tests on speedtest.net. still all fine on this websites speed test.
Standard User sora
(member) Mon 08-Jun-15 21:57:59
Print Post

[re: sora] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Thats what i thought but if i try it on another speed test website it drops to under 5 and downloads are taking forever even though it says it fine on the think broadband website.

Can you take the ps4 to the router, connect direct with ethernet cable and not homeplugs. Turn it on as you do when it slows things down... Is it still slowing down the WiFi?

Sorry, i was only able to do this today.

It does slow down other devices but not as slow as using the homeplugs. it drops to around 7-15 after doing a few tests on speedtest.net. still all fine on this websites speed test.

Does that look ok?
What should i be getting on other devices on wireless if the playstation is playing online through wired and also when its on wireless?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 08-Jun-15 22:17:43
Print Post

If the console is doing anything then bets are off unless you know how much data it is using

Consoles if not playing or streaming should be using pretty much nothing

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sora
(member) Thu 11-Jun-15 19:33:49
Print Post

OK so i removed the homeplugs on tuesday because i couldnt get no joy and ever since my wifi speed has dropped to the same low speeds as when i first used the homeplugs. wired t the router i am getting 38mbps and wireless on all devices with full signal i am getting mostly around 1-3mbps but sometimes it might go up to 10mbps and on the very odd occasion i get the real speed but that has hardly ever happened in the last few days.

So it looks like its a problem with the actual router or internet.

Sky sent an open reach guy out today and he confirmed that he was getting 40mbps download on his equipment and he got me to connect wired with my laptop and it was fine.

He then done a speed test wirelessly on his phone and he was getting between 3mbps - 7mbps.

I'm not sure what it could be but according to sky broadband i should never be using wifi anyway because it's supposed to be be that low on wifi.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to