Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User radiodan
(newbie) Tue 23-Jan-18 00:10:48
Print Post

Ubiquiti Unifi AP AC PRO

[link to this post]

Looking to upgrade my wireless AP's and considering Ubiquiti. Will likely be the Unifi AP AC PRO and deploying several units. However, not sure if they yet support 802.11r or 802.11k to assist clients with roaming? This is important since it is a large site and will be using wireless VoiP phones. Reading an early review; I know they were looking at a future firmware update to support this, but cannot find any details to this effect.

Any info/advice gratefully received!

Thanks,
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Jan-18 07:41:28
Print Post

Re: Ubiquiti Unifi AP AC PRO

[re: radiodan] [link to this post]

Newest firmware and controller versions support Ubiquiti's implementation of 802.11r but I haven't go access to a compatible device to test at the moment.

I should soon be somewhere that I can check - with multiple access points and several iPhone clients which should support both 802.11r and 802.11k

I'll let you know how I get on.

You might get a better response on Ubiquiti's user forums and there's a slight possibility that you might find me there too wink

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User radiodan
(newbie) Fri 02-Feb-18 01:19:02
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Thanks Sarah. I've ordered a couple of units + a cloud key controller to have a play around with. Have just taken on a small commercial wifi installation project in which I shall be evaluating the suitability of these units for as well smile

Dan

Zen business broadband + line rental ADSL 15/1 (ish) on Draytek 2860.
Zen residential broadband + line rental ADSL 1.8/0.7 (ish) on Draytek 2860.
3 WISP broadband 20/10 also on Draytek 2860 (via Huawei modem) operating in load-balance/fallover mode with Zen.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Fri 02-Feb-18 08:19:53
Print Post

[re: radiodan] [link to this post]

Very good choice - I have a few UniFi products for home network and they're brilliant!

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
  Print Thread

Jump to