Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rippedcotton
(experienced) Mon 02-Dec-19 17:45:07
Print Post

EE signal booster - getting it working with a Draytek router

[link to this post]

I have had an EE signal booster for a few weeks, it became necessary because I changed mobile supplier and as a result cannot yet use 4G and WiFi calling.

Getting the EE signal booster working has been a pain, but it is possible. What was needed was to realise that the VPN it uses back inside EE's network appears to be unable to cope with the way my home network is configured because they both use 10.0.0.0/8 and this makes the service fail.

I have a Draytek 2830 and I found that the simplest way to fix this was to plug the EE signal booster directly into one of the router's LAN ports then to isolate that port inside its own LAN subnet (I used LAN2 in the menu) and then to use 192.168.0.0/24 with the router acting as DHCP server for this network. After a few minutes the EE box gave me the elusive solid green LED and all is sweetness and light.

I don't expect a flood of congratulations but if anyone searches for this problem perhaps it will help them find a solution more rapidly than I have done.

--

Brian

Zen Fibre 2 - 78/20 sync
  Print Thread

Jump to