Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chess21
(newbie) Sun 14-Feb-21 16:07:44
Print Post

Excessive buffering

[link to this post]

I am looking for causes of excessive buffering which occurs intermittently coupled with disconnection & reconnection. Signal comes into the socket via cable on telegraph poles and does seem to bworse when weather is windy, cold & wet. Modem is connected to master socket via cable installed by OR some 6 years ago
I am reasonably competent with electrical items but vdsl is a puzzle
Thanks
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-Feb-21 12:01:18
Print Post

Re: Excessive buffering

[re: Chess21] [link to this post]

Can you get the line stats from your router? There will hopefully be a page that gives us connection speed, SNR and attenuation at a minimum. Uptime would also be good. From that we might be able to see if there are any issues.
Standard User Chess21
(newbie) Tue 16-Feb-21 17:01:53
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

I thought I had posted a reply but I can't see it? My question was as an amateur where to find this info from an asus router,draytek modem combination

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Butch_bex22
(newbie) Tue 16-Feb-21 21:48:12
Print Post

[re: Chess21] [link to this post]

We've had broadband for 12 months now and we have had service issues from day one ... we've had numerous engineers come to our property and try and resolve the issue but all have failed ...at the start of the issue if the fault wasn't fixed we received £8per day until it was fixed ...when they thought they had fixed it the fault would be closed ... the fault would happen again so another fault would be opened well this has been going on for 12 months now there was a period last summer for a few months our broadband seemed fine but from September 2020 it became terrible...we called in the fault as normal but then we was getting engineers not turn up when they was meant to bt gave us £20 for the no engineer showing up then they would book another to come out and again no engineers turned up and still our Internet would just drop out and unable to use ...in November I think in the space of 2 weeks 5 engineers never came out to us but two of them said they did but we have cctv at our property and I said I can prove they never came and I made a formal complaint regarding them engineers that said they had been here but never heard anything back regarding this.... my husband has had numerous phone calls to bt complaining about this once he was accused of being drunk by a member of staff because he raised his voice obviously its been very thrustraiting and has took its toll on the both of us all we wanted was a stable Internet connection that was promised when we signed up ...we then had a lady called Olivia sted taking over as she was higher up we were told but still nothing has been fixed ...the last conversation my husband had with bt a gentleman who was fairly rude and cocky in our eyes said he was taking over our case and that we wouldn't be receiving any compensation what so ever even though 2 weeks previously Olivia offered us compensation but we wasn't happy with it ... when I explained to the gentleman that at the beginning of our contract we was given £8 per day until the fault was fixed but from September we never received that and when added up was a fair bit of money his whole attitude changed to us we asked for someone else to take our complaint over he refused blatant and said its him or nothing ....we have decided to go with a different provider as how we have been treated during this who contract is absolutely not on and wouldn't wish anyone to go through the same
Remedy Requirements
Letter of apology

Reimbursement of time off of work due to engineers not coming

Reimbursement for stress that this has caused us both
And the mental strain it has caused during the time of covid has been made worse
  Print Thread

Jump to