Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User stevewhits
(member) Mon 03-May-21 20:28:37
Print Post

Orbi RBK353

[link to this post]

I'm moving to a new (larger) house and need to update my TP Link router that has done me proud for a few years but unfortunately I don't think it's going to cover the 1800 square feet and extra rooms. Costco are doing the Netgear Orbi RBK353 for £268 at the moment . It's probably their cheapest Mesh system but should meet my needs hopefully. Just wondering what anyones thoughts are as I have also been considering the Google system.

My needs are pretty basic, working from home, laptop, phones and a couple of 4k TV's that I stream but no gaming with a 60MBPS FTTC connection.

I just need a reliable wi fi
Standard User Hawthorns
(committed) Wed 05-May-21 16:05:10
Print Post

Re: Orbi RBK353

[re: stevewhits] [link to this post]

I don't have this but I do have a wireless mesh system from a TP-Link Deco M5 which appears to be a lower spec. Using this has been the first time since I've had broadband that I've had wifi that wasn't a source of niggling problems and parts of the house with no coverage. I'm definitely a fan of mesh wifi.

BT FTTP
Standard User BB4Tickton
(experienced) Thu 06-May-21 10:05:57
Print Post

Re: Orbi RBK353

[re: stevewhits] [link to this post]

I also don't have this version but he older RBK53, but it's been the best thing I've done for years moving over to mesh wifi, just seamless transition when moving around the house with a mobile phone. I've used powerline adapters, access points etc, but my mobile phone always clung on to the last access point even though it had a poor signal compared to the nearer one. Constantly swapping SSID on each access point was also a pain.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to