General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User greenglide
(experienced) Tue 16-Apr-13 09:52:31
Print Post

Re: Long line (10.32km)

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

But if you can't get an ADSL connection over a single line you have nothing to bond!

If there isnt a second pair available this would also be an issue. If there is I would hope that BT have tried swapping them over to see if ADSL can get sync on the second pair.

Installing a new line could we a way out of this (as would satellite, wireless etc) but cost creeps in!

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
Standard User newwave19
(newbie) Tue 16-Apr-13 16:32:07
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Mobile signals are out as it seems to be a not spot for them too. I used to work for a mobile phone retailer and have checked them all, and regularly do checks to see whether any 3g can be picked up on any of the networks.

I was looking at the BET comments there and that looks interesting, although is there any updated prices and all I can see is working out at just under £2000.

PS. engineer booked for next Wednesday, so fingers crossed

Cheers
Phil
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 16-Apr-13 16:59:51
Print Post

[re: newwave19] [link to this post]

yeap that sounds around right for BET.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User newwave19
(newbie) Wed 24-Apr-13 23:48:23
Print Post

the engineer was out today (well, 2 of them), first one done loads of tests, more than what had been done every other year, and couldn't pick up a signal. That's why she called the 2nd guy out saying that he's a lot more experience with the long lines. the only solution that he could come up with was where that our line was in the coil of lines a long the route to the house, that our neighbours is one that has no interference but ours must have. Surely this would then mean that there is a fault if the signal is being blocked??

Has anyone heard of this before?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 25-Apr-13 07:31:03
Print Post

Sounds like referring to crosstalk and this can be an issue as well as outside interference as at 10km the adsl signal is VERY low.

Is this a fault? No part and parcel of an rf signal sent down copper and thus performance decreases over distance

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User newwave19
(learned) Thu 25-Apr-13 12:28:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

No worries. Thanks again for you're reply.....i'd say that an email to the ceo again would be pointless then.

Cheers
Phil
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to