General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Sep-13 20:38:02
Print Post

Re: Noise on the line

[re: virgil7] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by virgil7:
In reply to a post by David_W:
What is your predicted FTTC speed?

Up to 14Mbps, but I really don't want to go down the fibre route
As MrSaffron notes, something has changed the parameters of your line, and you have almost no leverage over BT Openreach to get things back to how they were. How much do you value your time and money persevering with ADSL? One engineer visit charge will likely pay for most of the additional FTTC cost for a minimum contract period.

In your position, I'd go down the FTTC route. You're likely to notice a vast difference between 14Mbit/s and <3Mbit/s, even though 14Mbit/s is relatively slow for FTTC.

I wouldn't worry unduly about the contract length. PlusNet allow you to buy yourself out of remaining months relatively cheaply.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 30-Sep-13 20:44:39
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

virgil7 is not the OP Loading.

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 30-Sep-13 20:46:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by virgil7:
Up to 14Mbps, but I really don't want to go down the fibre route
TBH it's a bit much posting in the Not-Spots and Slow-Spots forum if you can get fibre.

Not to mention hijacking someone-else's thread to do it mad

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________

Edited by BatBoy (Mon 30-Sep-13 20:50:01)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Sep-13 21:19:43
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I know you got confused by the hijacker, BatBoy, then I did.

Please - if a thread is about someone's technical problem, start a new thread if you want to talk about your problem, even if it's similar. I wasted time writing a load of rubbish, which I can't really delete now because it is the foundation of other replies.

Standard User Loading
(learned) Mon 30-Sep-13 21:31:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I understand that I just want to know what and why it is much worse with an increased attenuation, just from modifying the tie pair, but something is also adding noise on the line.
Standard User virgil7
(newbie) Mon 30-Sep-13 22:19:46
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Thank you David, I'll have to have a rethink then about FTTC.

Sorry about hijacking this thread, I just assumed it would be easier, being as the thread subject was about, um, noise on the line smile
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 01-Oct-13 00:15:17
Print Post

No problem, I was mad at myself for having to re-edit my posts. As they say, fool me once shame on shame on you. You fool me, you can't get fooled again. wink

Standard User Loading
(learned) Thu 03-Oct-13 18:49:23
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

the buzzing noise retuned tonight then dissapeared, and is there only after a button is pressed, dissapears on quiet line test? tried different phones still only after a button is pressed hissing is still there?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to