General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Biglee5555
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-19 15:53:52
Print Post

Re: Open reach on our estate

[re: unknown101] [link to this post]

Best news I have had for ages.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 13-Sep-19 18:21:04
Print Post

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

Once the rush to deal with the new build from the last three months is over, will take time to go back and look at the 2016/15/14 new build that did not get VDSL2. The vast majority of what we've seen with people popping up with unexpected speeds on older new build has been Fibre First exchange areas, there are a few exchanges with Fibre First looking roll outs that are not on the official list though, i.e. by Fibre First I mean much bigger than just the new build areas.

If there is a systematic programme retrofitting without any expense to those living there then no doubt the PR side will be ramped up appropriately to high light how nice and cuddly they are being.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Biglee5555
(newbie) Sun 22-Sep-19 10:14:26
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Quick update on this contacted Openreach yesterday to be told I canít get fttp, and the fibre install is part of a network upgrade Iím not connected to.
Tried the checker this morning and I was able to place an order roll on two weeks when I have it installed.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User busterboy
(member) Sun 22-Sep-19 19:31:36
Print Post

[re: Biglee5555] [link to this post]

Fingers crossed mate. smile

BTBroadband
Standard User crarcher
(newbie) Tue 10-Dec-19 14:50:45
Print Post

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

I wonder if someone has been reading your mind.

Our development was built in 3 phases around 2002-2005, FTTC is spread over 2 cabinets although houses in phase 3 are on a 3rd cabinet that has no FTTC. Recently a new phase 4 has been started and is native FTTP.

Spied a CBT being installed across the street yesterday and the guys doing the work confirmed it's Openreach FTTP getting added to the area. Doubt it would have happened if it wasn;t for the new houses though.

We are not in a fibre first area.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 10-Dec-19 15:21:04
Print Post

[re: crarcher] [link to this post]

The ones like the cab 3 if that is where the FTTP manifold has appeared are the ones I see a fair few off now across the UK

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User crarcher
(newbie) Tue 10-Dec-19 18:52:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The houses with no FTTC are still showing as no FTTP/C likely. This is the 'new' cab19 on ESBON.

I'm on cab 15 and showing as in scope, as are the houses locally on cab 2. The new builds are showing WBCFTTP upto 1000 and no copper via ESGRG.
Standard User PhilipD
(experienced) Wed 11-Dec-19 08:15:10
Print Post

Re: Open reach on our estate *DELETED*

[re: Biglee5555] [link to this post]

Post deleted by PhilipD
Standard User jabuzzard
(committed) Wed 11-Dec-19 14:03:17
Print Post

[re: crarcher] [link to this post]

It's common sense really. If you want to achieve the numbers that BT/Openreach are promising of FTTP connected properties in the proposed time frame thenyou need to tackle the low hanging fruit first.

Once you start actually looking hard at the problem doing recently built estates that where done as copper is actually quite obvious, because they will be ducted and being comparatively new those ducts are less likely to be blocked.

The expensive and difficult places to do will be all those with direct buried cables as you need to dig up everyone's garden.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to