General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-Jun-20 23:22:08
Print Post

Re: How does this work?

[re: boxst] [link to this post]

https;//www.bt.com/USO

If that offers you 4G then you can pick on of the USO tariffs - though might be better off with other EE Sim and your own router.

If it says to call them, then they think no 4G possible and they might start a FTTP on demand order (emphasis on might)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User boxst
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Jun-20 11:25:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you Andrew. It offers me a 4G router.

As you have suggested, I will just get an EE unlimited SIM as that looks as though it’ll be in excess of 50mbps. Still a disappointment to come from 300mbps to not only a slower speed but the inconsistency of a mobile connection.
Standard User boxst
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 14-Jun-20 20:20:25
Print Post

Just replying to myself. I have EE now with a Tp-Link Archer router and get a consistent 25mb down and 10mb up. Not brilliant but much better than the landline.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User alexatkin
(member) Sun 14-Jun-20 22:25:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by boxst:
Just replying to myself. I have EE now with a Tp-Link Archer router and get a consistent 25mb down and 10mb up. Not brilliant but much better than the landline.

Is that a proper 4G router or with a dongle?

If its the latter, you may get better speeds from a proper 4G router.
Standard User boxst
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 14-Jun-20 22:29:18
Print Post

[re: alexatkin] [link to this post]

It’s a proper 4G router, however I just swapped it for a different one that I had lying around (as you do) and now I’m getting 45mb/down and 20mb up.

I’m surprised as it is an old HUAWEI B310 and I thought the TP-Link was better...
Standard User godsell4
(member) Sun 28-Jun-20 10:38:44
Print Post

Do you have enough people nearby that would be willing to stump up about £500/property and get FTTP via a Community Fibre Partnership?

Gigaclear FTTP 300Mb on Order
Three HomeFi 15 to 20Mb.

PlusNet Unlimited Fibre an unreliable 3Mb
Standard User Fastman3
(learned) Sun 28-Jun-20 11:49:43
Print Post

[re: godsell4] [link to this post]

Godsells - think you should rephase your comment- not sure how you think you a CFP would be £500 a premises when i assume you have no quote for the area in question that the person is asking about or any understanding of the local network conditions for the premises in question - the figures if they are based on your area will be very misleading , probably massively incorrect and cause the community no end of trouble if tyhey get a cost from Openreach that would be massively different from the 500 you have set an incorrect expectation on . CFP is determined by number of premises and the infrastructure required (both of those are specific to the communtiy in question)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to