General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DerekP
(newbie) Thu 16-Jul-20 12:36:28
Print Post

USO request stalled because Openreach can't find our address

[link to this post]

Just got off the phone and BT saying than Ofcom, Openreach and BT can't find our address (or can't agree what it is) - this has been going on for six weeks and apparently affects "....alot of people" according to BT call centre operator

Anyone else found this and got a way through it? You couldn't make it up really - I have BT broadband, BT landline and yet they don't know where I live????
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 16-Jul-20 13:34:48
Print Post

Re: USO request stalled because Openreach can't find our add

[re: DerekP] [link to this post]

If you're heading down the fibre on demand route, then differences in details of the address can become important.

BT who are your point of contact should be resolving this. When you use https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com and its address option are there two entries for your property e.g.

2 Random Street,
House Name, 2 Random Street

This can cause confusion sometimes.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User DerekP
(newbie) Thu 16-Jul-20 13:44:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Well in six weeks BT haven't been able to resolve this and were unable to give me a timeframe for when it would be resolved. The call centre operator said that they were waiting for some directions from "...the higher ups" to proceed.

It's highly likely that our address has confused them as it is a house name in a village with no road name. But surely it doesn't take weeks to sort this out?

It is also highly likely that many houses impacted by USO will have non standard addresses - because they are in rural locations. Something not exactly unforseeable by Openreach et al?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DerekP
(newbie) Thu 16-Jul-20 13:55:01
Print Post

I've used the wholesale checker and every combination of landline, house + hamlet name, house + village name gives the same result

BT were suggesting the issue may be with Ofcom's database??
Standard User jpm
(learned) Thu 16-Jul-20 15:01:19
Print Post

Who is your local authority? There should be a UPRN for your house which might end the confusion.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 16-Jul-20 16:34:55
Print Post

[re: jpm] [link to this post]

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/broadband-coverage will let you look at what addresses Ofcom has in the postcode.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User DerekP
(newbie) Thu 16-Jul-20 16:45:29
Print Post

[re: jpm] [link to this post]

Result!

I used www.osg.scot to find my house.UPRN

It is actually recorded as House name = "house name hamlet name"

As soon as explained this to BT the computers worked together.

Thanks for the help.
Standard User DerekP
(newbie) Thu 16-Jul-20 16:48:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

This would have solved the problem too.

Interestingly Ofcom thinks we can get a 10 MB down 1 MB up service whilst BT thinks its 5 down 1 up.
  Print Thread

Jump to