General Discussion
  >> Broadband Not-spots & slow-spots

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tomb233
(newbie) Wed 12-Aug-20 02:26:33
Print Post

Address Listed under wrong Exchange

[link to this post]

Hi my grandma is due to to move into a properly September 1st and she asked me to set up broadband so it was ready for her when she moved in.

I came to do a standard comparison between providers and was taken aback when I could only see a max speed estimation of 2-3Mb/s.

After further research I've discovered that even though this property (Postcode: PA756NR) should be under the "Tobermory" Exchange, on the Isle of Mull.

It's actually listed under an exchange on the main land called "Ledaig" which has a postcode of PA371RZ some 43.75 Kilometres away!

I think I can see why this mixup has occurred, the property is situated in a place called Ledaig Car Park.

Every other property in the area is able to get FTTC service. So I'm just wondering how do I go about getting my address listed under the correct exchange and who would I even talk to about that?

Edited by tomb233 (Wed 12-Aug-20 02:27:27)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 12-Aug-20 13:37:32
Print Post

Re: Address Listed under wrong Exchange

[re: tomb233] [link to this post]

Usually you would raise this with the telephone/broadband provider.

If you can confirm the full address then can look into it and prod Openreach for an update that will then filter out to the various providers.

Confirm things in a short email to [email protected]

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jpm
(regular) Wed 12-Aug-20 14:49:41
Print Post

Re: Address Listed under wrong Exchange

[re: tomb233] [link to this post]

Have you tried putting the UPRN for the house into the BT Wholesale checker?

https://osg.scot/portal/

Edited by jpm (Wed 12-Aug-20 14:51:49)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to