General Discussion
  >> Other Broadband Technologies

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 28-Oct-10 00:24:20
Print Post

Re: Fibrecity Bournemouth and Dundee

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Its clear looking at questions people have about email addresses, that unless their existing ISP is on a new infrastructure they don't sign up.

I'm afraid I can't make head or tail of that. Care to have another go?

Is there any independent evidence that there are any actual live customers? There is an alleged coverage map (for Bournemouth) elsewhere on t'Internerd but it hasn't been updated since June:
http://www.fibreforum.co.uk/?page=maps

Shame really, this lot are spoiling the game for any more serious but lower profile players who might actually be in with a chance of delivering, e.g. Rutland (Weekend?) Telecom.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 28-Oct-10 09:45:16
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

To rephrase, people become attached to their current email addresses, and hate changing them.

Not seen a live user post on forums, and all I've heard is that people have live fibre that lets them see the portal and can sign up to retail providers from there. Some people surely have signed up.

Most of what I've seen on Bournemouth has been moans over the pavement trenching

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User GraemeG
(member) Thu 28-Oct-10 22:51:55
Print Post

They were installing outside a friends commercial building today when they were told to pack up by some foreman, who advised them that the company had gone bust....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Oct-10 22:58:02
Print Post

[re: GraemeG] [link to this post]

Bournemouth or Dundee?

_________________________________________________________more unwritten rules than posts______
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 28-Oct-10 23:27:02
Print Post

I wonder if any readers have (work)? access to the usual suspects' business credit reference agency data, which might be able to shed a little more light on the state of the i3 empire. Phil/Yarwell reported a year or so ago that they had £millions (3?) in borrowings, and presumably they have contractors and suppliers to pay in Dundee and Bournemouth, but they have no significant visible means of support at the moment (and indeed no obvious means of short term cost recovery even if/when lots of people sign up).

OK lots of businesses make a loss in the first couple of years, but there has to be some light at the end of the tunnel/duct, or...
Standard User GraemeG
(member) Fri 29-Oct-10 04:11:14
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Bournemouth or Dundee?

Bournemouth.

It's game over unless you see people working again..
Standard User somerset
(committed) Fri 29-Oct-10 09:02:02
Print Post

With FTTC rolling out and Bournemouth being a VM area how many customers did they expect?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 29-Oct-10 09:13:35
Print Post

[re: somerset] [link to this post]

500 so far according to one newspaper report.

If they had got everything up and running 12 months ago they stood a better chance, there is still a chance they will re-appear doing the work, but admittedly based on what happens in other cases that appear like this, it would appear slim

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User somerset
(committed) Fri 29-Oct-10 09:36:59
Print Post

If i have phone, broadband and TV with VM why change?

If i have a Sky package why change?

etc...
Standard User BatBoy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Oct-10 12:26:19
Print Post

[re: somerset] [link to this post]

price and service are the usual reasons to change...

_________________________________________________________more unwritten rules than posts______
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to