General Discussion
  >> Other Broadband Technologies

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User keith969
(member) Wed 28-Oct-15 13:37:37
Print Post

Re: Are there any satisfied Tooway customers?

[re: rorrocks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rorrocks:
What kind of signal strength do you Tooway users normally get ? I'm using the SES service and rarely get more than 7.5dB which leaves very little margin for coping with wet weather.

Satellite will always be weather dependent because of the frequencies used.Weather is a significant attenuator in the +10GHz bands. Don't know how Sky get around it, maybe they use lower frequencies, I don't know. Someone else might be able to answer...
Standard User rorrocks
(newbie) Wed 28-Oct-15 14:41:19
Print Post

[re: keith969] [link to this post]

Satellite TV operates at about 12GHz whereas Ka broadband is right up at there at 25GHz which is why the Freesat and Sky signals are so much more resilient.
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Oct-15 15:09:51
Print Post

[re: _matt_b_] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by _matt_b_:
As a result I have been looking into satellite broadband providers and specifically Tooway, however all of the recent reviews are very poor and mention terrible up/down speeds. Is this because only the unhappy people write reviews or is this generally indicative of the poor service?

I think with Satellite it depends if you start from a realistic starting point. The reality is that if you think you'll get a Fibre Speed, Unlimited Service... you'll be disappointed.

If you think you'll get a basic internet access service at a reasonable speed which lets you use more demanding services a little, you might be happier.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to