General Discussion
  >> Other Broadband Technologies

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AfjalKhan
(newbie) Mon 13-Apr-20 11:02:48
Print Post

Delay with BT FTTP installation *DELETED*

[link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 13-Apr-20 11:26:12
Print Post

Re: Delay with BT FTTP installation

[re: AfjalKhan] [link to this post]

Several issues at play

1. If a bit of external fibre needs redoing then the reduced staff numbers will mean that is slower to do than usual and they may also be busy installing new bits of fibre for more urgent things.

2. Installs in properties that are not for vulnerable, key worker or other priority things are generally delayed at present.

3. Providers have been given leeway on the automatic compensation scheme due to all the delays the pandemic is causing.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Apr-20 14:55:24
Print Post

Do you think if I complain loudly I may get a month free or something?
More likely that you get put to the end of a very long queue. These aren't normal times and unless you are a vulnerable individual in dire need of a faster connection you could well have to wait until things return to normal and that's not going to be any time soon.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User threelegs
(member) Mon 13-Apr-20 18:51:30
Print Post

i think a delay in getting fttp connected at this time is hardly a serious problem
Standard User steve195527
(regular) Mon 13-Apr-20 21:24:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by AfjalKhan:
Hi peeps, I just wondered if anyone else has had a long delay from having their FTTP hooked up by BT? Within 8 days of my noticing my cabinet was taking orders the engineers had blown the fibre and installed the wall box. I was given the install date for the internal wiring (and don't laugh) as 1st April. Long and short is that I am still waiting, with the latest promise of the 23rd May for the install. Apparently there was a kink in the outside wiring causing an issue and the "special" engineer required to troubleshoot this type of problem are apparently as rare and hens teeth. Is this an average time delay for this type of work? Do you think if I complain loudly I may get a month free or something? Please tell me your thoughts.

You really don't want my thoughts on your question about complaining loudly when the country is in lockdown!
Standard User dect
(experienced) Mon 13-Apr-20 22:31:14
Print Post

Warning - This post is identical word for word (including spelling mistakes) to a post from May 2016

https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/otherbb/t/4481012-...

Edited by dect (Mon 13-Apr-20 22:49:09)

Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Apr-20 03:07:12
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

A second post of this sort in a couple of days. Why do they do it?
Standard User gary333
(committed) Tue 14-Apr-20 08:51:51
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dect:
Warning - This post is identical word for word (including spelling mistakes) to a post from May 2016

https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/otherbb/t/4481012-...

Wowzer, that's some good investigatory skills. Could do we people like you in my line of work smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Apr-20 09:58:06
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Because they are being paid to do this, and in a later post they will drop (or in an edit) a link they want to promote.

Aka this is what sort of service all those SEO emails promising very cheap results for little work deliver.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to