User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 28-Dec-10 17:09:12
Print Post

Re: More first impressions of Xilo *DELETED*

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
Post deleted by tommy45
Heh! And there was me just going to Reply showing he is with Sky.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User djay
(committed) Tue 28-Dec-10 17:09:17
Print Post

Re: More first impressions of Xilo

[re: uno] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by uno:
In reply to a post by djay:
Sent on the 22nd of 12 and still no reply, seriously doubting i wanna spend my money on a company that can't even be botherd to answer a simple question not a good start.

I'm sorry, but as has been pointed out, there has been a Christmas break and we're in no rush to deal with sales queries. Sorry.

And to find out you have to pay for there stupidly overpriced pro24 package just to get a chance of Fastpath is very very cheeky

Why? Every ISP will offer different services, with different prices. If you're not keen on one, you can always go for a cheaper option. No one is forcing you.

and then to find after paying so much more than my uko account ever was it has a cap of 75gb per month ?!? taking liberties tbh.

Not really. That is the product. We have to pay for the amount of capacity used across Tiscali Wholesale backhaul, just like we do with BT Wholesale. This is why you wont find a truly unmetered BT-based ISP.

But alas Be cant be bother to sort out extra capacity at my exchange so i have no other choice looks like it'll have to be these cowboys untill i can actually get a local hub here or be expand capacity, not a good start not good at all.

With that attitude, I don't think you should join us. You seem to be against every ISP you have posted about in this thread stating "Be cant be bother[ed]" - when it may just be impossible to do so, ala Poplar exchange and calling us "cowboys" could be seen as a libellous comment.

pro16 home and pro16 office ?? they look identicle apart from the price so maybe thats why it's taking so long to answer my ticket as your as confused as i am????.
You've obviously been on here for a while, enough to post this... and this has been discussed many times. It's contention 50:1 Home, 20:1 Office.

And why show the home inc of vat yet the other 2 office and pr24 exc vat ? talk about make u jump though hoops.

Because some are home services and some are office services. Most offices will be VAT registered, where as home users (generally), won't be.

Matt

Yes i am a tad grumpy so to all those i offended i'm sorry flu+ christmas + urgant needs for new isp = something i could do withought.

And yes i have been on here a long time but never needed to look into this forum as i had an outstanding isp with a serious backhaul which virtually never failed.

Although this made me chuckle

"I'm sorry, but as has been pointed out, there has been a Christmas break and we're in no rush to deal with sales queries. Sorry"

Thats an awesome buissness model no rush to gain customers, christmas was on the 25th incase you had forgot my query was on the 22nd.. I would of asked via phone but having waited 17 minutes in a cue or was there only 1 person answering call's as you don't seem to be in a rush as you stated to deal with sale queries ?

And no i am not against every isp just grumpy and with no real options of anything that can compare to uko.

All i wanted is what seems to be in short measure in this country as a general rule of thumb i.e Customer service, people had said yours was second to none well i have recieved none hence i had to post on here instead of having my email replied to, or to make life easier why not just actually put the stuff on the web page if so many people have asked the question ?.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 28-Dec-10 17:16:38
Print Post

[re: djay] [link to this post]

As I have said before, *customers* that pay us for a service are always given priority over non-paying people/businesses that may be looking for a service - I don't see anything wrong with that and operating the other way is unfair.

Christmas break is not one day it is often a period ranging from Christmas Eve to the next working day (i.e tomorrow) and then New Years Eve to the next working day (i.e 4th Jan).

When did you call? I've checked our queue stats for 21st and 22nd and the longest a sales call waited was 4 minutes.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Finguz
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Dec-10 18:24:01
Print Post

I was with UNO before I moved to Sky and they are the nicest bunch of guys you are ever likely to do business with. Happily taking time to talk to their customers and fully understanding their products. If you could get over this attitude thing you have going on and swallow that pride, you would be as happy as a pig in the proverbial.

Edit: Your Sky comment? The network is solid, gaming is stellar, it's truly unlimited with full speed 24/7 and both times I've phoned tech support I have spoken to British staff ( one Irish and one Scottish). The router has been connected since we joined and all for £15 per month.

You must love the taste of your feet!

Sky

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed

Edited by Finguz (Tue 28-Dec-10 18:34:24)

Standard User djay
(committed) Wed 29-Dec-10 13:19:03
Print Post

As I have said before, *customers* that pay us for a service are always given priority over non-paying people/businesses that may be looking for a service - I don't see anything wrong with that and operating the other way is unfair.

Christmas break is not one day it is often a period ranging from Christmas Eve to the next working day (i.e tomorrow) and then New Years Eve to the next working day (i.e 4th Jan).

When did you call? I've checked our queue stats for 21st and 22nd and the longest a sales call waited was 4 minutes.

Matt

To be honest with you i can't 100 % say the date although it would be btwn the 20th to the 22nd which is why i sent the email.

And obviously i appreciate christmas is not an open shut day that goes withought saying allthough again i assume you shut christmas eve like most company's so 2 day's is still a long time for a sales question to be answered but no matter.
Standard User djay
(committed) Wed 29-Dec-10 13:27:32
Print Post

[re: Finguz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Finguz:
I was with UNO before I moved to Sky and they are the nicest bunch of guys you are ever likely to do business with. Happily taking time to talk to their customers and fully understanding their products. If you could get over this attitude thing you have going on and swallow that pride, you would be as happy as a pig in the proverbial.

Edit: Your Sky comment? The network is solid, gaming is stellar, it's truly unlimited with full speed 24/7 and both times I've phoned tech support I have spoken to British staff ( one Irish and one Scottish). The router has been connected since we joined and all for £15 per month.

You must love the taste of your feet!

And you can have fast path on your line with sky can you ?

Stellar to some is not the same to others, ive had adsl since 2000 i was one of the first connections to dsl in my city and have had the same story of various isp's during my time.

As posted distance to the local pop makes all the difference with latency, i have a line that manages to do 3.4mbit max freq crc errors yet i am an avid online gamer and beta tested no doubt some of the online games you play these days... so yes latencey matters to me 15-20ms ping great im happy with that 40+ like some/most no that wont cut it.

i could of gone with o2 or sky before for lots less cash than any of these isp's but they would not of been close in terms to what i had with uko, even xilo has no sra and only fastpath on the top priced product which considering my line quality would be a huge waste of extra cash.

Maybe sky's network is solid but then when you buy a quality backhaul i.e easynet your allways going to get that, and again if your lucky enough to have good copper you wont have a clue about the problems a bad quality line can bring.

So like the taste of my feet ? no jog on.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Dec-10 13:51:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by djay:
And you can have fast path on your line with sky can you ?

You may want to look around.. some people have managed to get this on their Sky service and I am sure there have been one or two recent posts about it too.

xilo has ... only fastpath on the top priced product which considering my line quality would be a huge waste of extra cash.

That is incorrect. Fast is offered on all services apart from Pro 16. It is not ONLY the Pro 24 as you claim and certainly not only on the top priced product (Office services cost more) that offers it

Matt

-
uno Broadband
Standard User mabibby
(learned) Wed 29-Dec-10 13:53:03
Print Post

The common sense and understanding of some people really does make me chuckle.

"djay"

You've obviously failed to recognise that since 2000 the ADSL/Internet providing market has become very competitive and turned into a trully large corporate offering.

The majority of the country want a much lower level of service than you do and this is where the 95% of UK's ISP are targeting their products.

1. Sky is closing UKOnline for a reason. Obviously it's not profitable offering a service you want cannot be sustained whilst making a profit.

2. Life is a [censored], if you want it you have to pay for it.

3. Moaning at ISP's because they don't offer what your old ISP does is no use, especially when your old ISP is closing.

4. If it matters to you so [censored] much than wait on the phone for 4-17 minutes. It's taken you longer to argue the fact on here!

5. I've ran out of sheer botheredness to even give you a reply!

WNRE - Rhyl - Xilo
5.6MB @ 4.5KM Line Length smile
------------------------------------------------------
Standard User acting_funny
(member) Wed 29-Dec-10 20:34:16
Print Post

You may want to look around.. some people have managed to get this on their Sky service and I am sure there have been one or two recent posts about it too.

been over that alot in the ukonline forum, basically if any sky rep disables interleaving on llu they are risking their job but you'll still hear of "friends of friends" who have fastpath on their llu kit..

on ipstream they'll still do fastpath though.

as for djay: easynet connect will provide everything ukonline did over the same kit, any line profile tweak you want (including bins), sra, fastpath, inp, etc. with a lower contention ratio but with a managed service @ £100/month.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Dec-10 20:54:15
Print Post

[re: acting_funny] [link to this post]

Part of the reason for my post was that I had their basic "2Mb" service a while back, which was just used for a backup - didn't cost anything so was an easy decision.

Called them asking to reduce latency from 80ms~, which they did but then refused to set Fast. Popped them an email via their contact form and it was then applied within 48 hours.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to