User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Nov-11 13:38:38
Print Post

Re: Warning of Malware on Vivaciti web site

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

That hex script has now been removed from Vivaciti Homepage.

However a Google search for Vivaciti now says "This site may harm your computer." on the results page; it didn't last night.

Sorry, I'm not au fait with Google products tongue!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Nov-11 13:53:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Copy that long hex sequence into google.uk, and the first result link is http://downloads.securityfocus.com/vulnerabilities/e...
giving you what I described, occupying more than a full screen.
That's as maybe, but it is meaningless and irrelevant! The hex still decodes into what I stated before.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Nov-11 14:01:53
Print Post

http://downloads.securityfocus.com/vulnerabilities/e...
FYI: That stuff you found was part of QtWeb Browser Malformed HTML File Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Tue 08-Nov-11 14:16:25
Print Post

Bob,

Kaspersky KIS2012 is OK with the vivaciti site now, Norton DNS isn't blocking it either smile
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Nov-11 21:32:44
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
However a Google search for Vivaciti now says "This site may harm your computer." on the results page; it didn't last night.
Now removed again and site unblocked by Google. Probably as result of recent removal of hex script from homepage.

Standard User Capvermell
(committed) Wed 23-Jan-13 11:43:10
Print Post

Re: Warning of Malware on Vivaciti web site *DELETED*

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Post deleted by Capvermell
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 23-Jan-13 12:42:24
Print Post

[re: Capvermell] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Capvermell:
I am the registrant of this domain on the Vivaciti website ....
What a very strange and puzzling post.

1) "This domain"? What domain?

2) You seem to be reporting a problem with the vivaciti website itself. Not the content of your web space.

3) So you got to your domain administration page, with this report. Have you looked via that page at what is in your web space? You don't say you have, so what makes you say your web space is infected with anything?

Oh - a thought just occurred to me. What happens if, when you have this report showing, you press F5?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Capvermell
(committed) Wed 23-Jan-13 12:53:23
Print Post

Re: Warning of Malware on Vivaciti web site *DELETED*

Post deleted by Capvermell

Edited by Capvermell (Wed 23-Jan-13 12:55:18)

Standard User Uilebheist
(legend) Wed 23-Jan-13 13:18:17
Print Post

1) "This domain"? What domain?

The OP mentions a domain in addition to vivaciti.net - a domain which appears to be registered to a private individual and hosted on the vivaciti web space.

Edited by Uilebheist (Wed 23-Jan-13 13:18:32)

Standard User Uilebheist
(legend) Wed 23-Jan-13 13:29:33
Print Post

[re: Capvermell] [link to this post]

There are many ways an attacker could have gained access to your control panel. Some seem to spend all day probing my servers for exactly this sort of things (in my case they won't get very far as I don't administer them that way... but they still keep trying). And I'm sure they'll target other servers too, not just mine.
How secure is your admin password for that site?
Did you receive a password in email - and did you change it after receiving it?
Or of course it could just be that the security of the site isn't as good as it could be, and there's nothing you can do to change that.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to