User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nickscs
(regular) Sun 19-Feb-12 13:23:41
Print Post

Re: UK FSN *DELETED*

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

Having read these comments before Billford deleted them, he does seem to be rather over zealous. smile
Standard User nelsonsgoodeye
(newbie) Sun 19-Feb-12 22:23:16
Print Post

Re: UK FSN *DELETED* *DELETED*

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

Post deleted by seb
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sun 19-Feb-12 22:39:59
Print Post

[re: nelsonsgoodeye] [link to this post]

Post deleted by billford
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Mon 20-Feb-12 13:01:48
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

A little bit of self-flagellation goes a long way.

Thank goodness I get the deleted posts by email - they are a real hoot.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User anmatr
(newbie) Mon 27-Feb-12 14:23:14
Print Post

Re: UK FSN

[re: anmatr] [link to this post]

All,
thank you for all the replies. So bad I did not tick the "E-mail all replies to my real e-mail address", guess I've missed a lot of action here. (forward it again I've got it ticked now.)

It tuns out that Jason did reply - but only once. Not answering my questions properly. Still no phone line available.

After a month now I am still not clear on my line, paid him the current month as well (gone out automatically) - don't know when I get it back ever.

I've started to look out for a new company but haven't found the right product yet. I need it as a business, up to 20 MBit and a 20/1 contention ratio with fixed IP address. Can anyone recommend a good company?

Thanks,
Anmatr.
Standard User drogon
(regular) Mon 27-Feb-12 16:26:23
Print Post

If you're otherwise happy enough with Entanet (who are your provider anyway unless you're on an LLU service) then you could just stick with the connection you've got, then use entanet directly for any support issues you might have. Or get a MAC and move to any number of other Entanet resellers for probably the same monthly cost.

And they key phrase you need is 'Elevated Services' - the 20:1 thing was done away with some years back. The speed you'll get is obviously dependant on the equipment in the exchange and line length.

Gordon
Standard User anmatr
(newbie) Tue 28-Feb-12 08:23:31
Print Post

[re: drogon] [link to this post]

I was on a LLU contract, so not with entanet anymore.
I can't get a MAC as Sky has taken my BT line. Sky has acted on the wrong phone number and my rejects (you get a letter when someone whants to take over your line) were overlaped and BT did only act on the first one. Very misfortunate events: I got two letters from BT with the same reference number. I called them on the 13th Jan after the first letter. But on the same day evening there was another take over attempt so BT sent another letter dated 13th. I could not see that this is a second attempt - the letter has the same reference number - and did not act on it. So BT allowed Sky to cease my line.
Now I try to claim back costs invoved from both parties. Not successful so far.

And then UKFSN not being helpful when not responding to my mails.

I spoke yesterday to Vivaciti which is another client from entanet, but it seems a small company again. Not sure about it.
How about ADSL24, any good?
What are the other clients of entanet?
Thanks,
Anmatr.
Standard User drogon
(regular) Tue 28-Feb-12 10:30:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by anmatr:
I was on a LLU contract, so not with entanet anymore.
I can't get a MAC as Sky has taken my BT line. Sky has acted on the wrong phone number and my rejects (you get a letter when someone whants to take over your line) were overlaped and BT did only act on the first one. Very misfortunate events: I got two letters from BT with the same reference number. I called them on the 13th Jan after the first letter. But on the same day evening there was another take over attempt so BT sent another letter dated 13th. I could not see that this is a second attempt - the letter has the same reference number - and did not act on it. So BT allowed Sky to cease my line.
Now I try to claim back costs invoved from both parties. Not successful so far.

And then UKFSN not being helpful when not responding to my mails.

Sounds like a bit of a catalogue of disasters then - I'm not even sure UKFSN could have realistically helped either, although the odd reassuring word might not have gone amis... I've no idea where I'd have started on this either (I'm an Entanet reseller, but I don't dabble with any of the LLU operators). I'm pretty sure I could easilly have gotten myself tied up for hours just trying to sort it out - but at the end of the day, it seems it's down to Sky and BT and I know from past experiences that just dealing with BT can be a bit of a nighmare without adding another operator into the equation )-:

In reply to a post by anmatr:
I spoke yesterday to Vivaciti which is another client from entanet, but it seems a small company again. Not sure about it.
How about ADSL24, any good?
What are the other clients of entanet?
Thanks,
Anmatr.

I can't really make much comment about Vivaciti, ADSL24, etc. as I've no personal experience of either - just search the forums for what others say (but bear in-mind that most people only post when disgruntled and rarely post praise!) I suspect getting the LLU Sky/BT thing sorted would be the first priority but where to start is anyones guess. Finding other Entanet resellers is a bit of a magic art - I know 4 others in the area I live in, but like me, they're all small operators and not really geared up for anything other than their own local clients. One give-away is usually to compare prices if they don't advertise the fact that they are using Entanet!

One of the best ISPs to help you sort out problems is probably AAISP, but then you will pay a bit more for it. They don't do Sky LLU though only Be as far as I'm aware.

G
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Feb-12 20:20:17
Print Post

ADSL 24 is top-hole. used to be with them in my ADSL/ADSL2+ days, left them only as got sick of BT's profiling system. Back with them with FTTC and ain't moving.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 28-Feb-12 21:47:40
Print Post

Point of information, ADSL24 no longer use Entanet. Although one of their package ranges pretty well copy them. Those are through Daisy, (Murphx bought by Daisy).

From what I see here both vivaciti and ADSL24 get top marks for caring about customers and trying to sort out problems. Occasionally they fail, but that applies to all ISPs. In the case of these two I feel there are sometimes errors on the user's side which can make things worse.

At least both of them appear to have some staff. Jason is UKFSN - all of it.

But I'm confused. "I was on a LLU contract, so not with entanet anymore"? So you were on C & W through UKFSN? Is that still working, and who has your phone line at the moment? Have you one, (I think so), or two lines?

Why are you thinking of an Entanet reseller to replace UKFSN, and why are you looking around? Is it that, quite out of the blue, your line has been taken by Sky and messed you up, and with Jason being uncontactable and no help at all you want out? The fact that UKFSN is an Entanet reseller is irrelevant in a way, as that is nothing to do with his C & W resold products.

Do you know your exchange? The link to what samknows says would be ideal. There could be better products available to you than C & W. As well as ADSL24 and vivaciti, xilo/uno could be on your list, depending on what samknows says.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 28-Feb-12 21:49:55)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to