User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | [36] | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User stevepressman
(member) Sat 29-Mar-14 19:40:00
Print Post

Re: Are Coms now throttling?

[re: aibreeze] [link to this post]

Ok what I simply don't understand now is I know we are all throttled to the max at the moment all I have been getting all day is a pathetic speed for a fibre broadband connection using P2P have a look at my link to the speed all day.

Plus the fact if you look at my ping graph the packet loss is up too, which considering they are strangling the P2P should not be a problem now, which sort of exposes another not quite so true statement that P2P was causing huge packet loss across the system. If we are all throttled so much how come the huge packet loss again? Also just done a few speed tests and the speed now as I type at 19:38 is terrible to across HTTP. This company is turning into a disaster for me and |I am sure a few others too frown

Really piiissed off big time tonight!!!

Check my speed today here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1m_0klJumRaZHQ5VGl...

Steve

Standard User bodcod
(learned) Sat 29-Mar-14 19:52:14
Print Post

[re: tonytiger07] [link to this post]

My connection has been slow for everything for 3 weeks now. Not surprised to see others suffering too.

Browsing is pretty painful.Youtube only streams in 144p I can't stream Iplayer at all and file downloads often time out I have struggled to update browsers and OS updates I have to leave overnight and hope for the best.

Now the strange thing is I have tried downloading my usual podcasts from Gamespot the BBC etc etc all coming down at well below what I was getting before it all went tits up. Downloads range from 3 kilobytes sec to 70 kilobytes sec. But a strange thing happens when I download Podacsts from Twit.tv, they download at 8 megabits sec not far off the 9.8 megabits i usually get when things are working.

Long story short i'm migrating on Monday.

My speedtest result and BQM

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/8913ab1508e...

Edited by bodcod (Sat 29-Mar-14 19:56:31)

Standard User bob23
(newbie) Sat 29-Mar-14 21:56:23
Print Post

[re: bodcod] [link to this post]

It's going to have to be some spectacular unexpected u-turn announcement on Monday to make me stay. 20kbps downloads on a Saturday for £20 a month is taking the you know what...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User theADDict
(newbie) Sat 29-Mar-14 22:10:18
Print Post

[re: bodcod] [link to this post]

My speedtest 15 seconds ago -
We have tested the speed of the connection and have recorded an average download speed of:
14.89 Mbps

my newsgroup test - 0.1 KB/s YES..... 0.1 KB/s
EDIT* Tried a few diff. ports..... got 18 KB/s !!

torrent test - 26 KB/s

Hoping I will be the first to report a new ISP connection on this thread, my new connection is set for Friday 4th.
WHOOP

Edited by theADDict (Sat 29-Mar-14 22:14:02)

Standard User Shroompicker
(newbie) Sat 29-Mar-14 22:28:20
Print Post

[re: bob23] [link to this post]

...and £40 a month is taking the you know what and rubbing it in your face.
Standard User ColinA3
(newbie) Sat 29-Mar-14 23:16:19
Print Post

[re: stevepressman] [link to this post]

This is just silly now.

Issues with iPlayer earlier this evening, with it buffering every few minutes :/

Web browsing is really slow, and speed test shows I'm only getting 6mbps down.

No P2P involved, just web browsing and streaming.

Coms really is a bit sh*t, eh? Can see me requesting a MAC rather soon at this rate.

Never had any of this [censored] with ADSL24, with whom I was a happy customer for several years :/
Standard User Dutchmul
(newbie) Sat 29-Mar-14 23:28:46
Print Post

[re: ColinA3] [link to this post]

I've had issues for a few days now, I play World of Tanks, an online game and game is almost unplayable now.

Also downloaded a few program files today(google chrome, firefox and Ccleaner) and they were really slow.

Not worth the premium price at the moment.

I've pm'd Paul and will see what he says but very close to getting a mac.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Mar-14 23:43:40
Print Post

[re: ColinA3] [link to this post]

You on fibre and live in the north?
Standard User Dutchmul
(newbie) Sun 30-Mar-14 00:48:27
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

North east of scotland but not on fibre.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Mar-14 08:00:24
Print Post

[re: Dutchmul] [link to this post]

High Latency Pro/Talk and Surf

3:14pm, 29th March 2014

Effected services: Broadband

We're seeing high latency on some Pro/Talk and Surf services.

This has been confirmed due to an outage in the wholesale network who are re-routing traffic at this time.

5:29pm, 29th March 2014

Update from TTB:

A fibre break has caused some loss of service and slowspeed/high latency issues.

This is affecting northern England and Scotland. This was due to work carried out by a private company who have cut a cable while doing other maintenance.

There is no estimated resolution time at the moment, however NOC are attempting to re-route traffic to improve congestion.

2:13am, 30th March 2014

Issue resolved.

Thats from Xilo. When it said fibre break i thought it meant fibre broadband, but it means any TT LLU connection. Was effecting a few ISPs so might be why some had issues last night
Pages in this thread: << 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | [36] | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to