User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DooGie
(committed) Thu 24-Apr-14 21:39:20
Print Post

Re: MAC key issues with COMS

[re: stunts] [link to this post]

Is it best to request your MAC from COMS by raising a ticket or by email?
After being with ADSL24 for many years I've forgotten the procedure. I'm sure there used to be a tab on the ADSL24 my account page for requesting a MAC.
Standard User Molehusband
(regular) Thu 24-Apr-14 21:59:22
Print Post

[re: DooGie] [link to this post]

I contacted Coms by both email and ticket today. Only the ticket was answered (within two hours).

I've also used the contact form on the Coms website twice, a fortnight and a week ago, and had no reply. Tickets have always been answered, eventually.

On this showing ticket seems best. The system has a dropdown menu to select the type of message and "CS Migration" is the one I used.

ADSL24/Coms Complete DSL 100 [TTB LLU] (for how much longer...)
Standard User DooGie
(committed) Thu 24-Apr-14 22:21:27
Print Post

[re: Molehusband] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Molehusband:
I contacted Coms by both email and ticket today. Only the ticket was answered (within two hours).

I've also used the contact form on the Coms website twice, a fortnight and a week ago, and had no reply. Tickets have always been answered, eventually.

On this showing ticket seems best. The system has a dropdown menu to select the type of message and "CS Migration" is the one I used.

Thanks for the fast reply Reg.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FastShow
(learned) Fri 25-Apr-14 09:56:18
Print Post

Yes from Coms, but I gave up with them and went directly to Enta. They were also a bit useless to start with but if you email [email protected] and tell them your MAC is used and that they need to contact BT Wholesale to sort out the issue you should get it resolved.
Standard User stunts
(regular) Fri 25-Apr-14 10:06:23
Print Post

[re: FastShow] [link to this post]

Ok, thanks. I'm not with Enta though, so not sure why they'd answer for Coms?
Standard User FastShow
(learned) Fri 25-Apr-14 11:02:46
Print Post

Enta is Coms' underlying supplier (not in all cases, but if you were migrated on the 8th April almost certainly in yours).
Standard User DooGie
(committed) Sat 26-Apr-14 20:54:22
Print Post

[re: Molehusband] [link to this post]

That worked fine. Got my MAC within 24 hours.
Standard User stunts
(regular) Wed 30-Apr-14 10:11:33
Print Post

[re: FastShow] [link to this post]

Thanks, I did email them on that address straight away but several days later, apart from an automated reply, I've heard nothing from Enta either. No response from Coms either and I'm well into week 3 waiting on my MAC key.
Standard User tonytiger07
(learned) Wed 30-Apr-14 12:30:31
Print Post

Try raising a new ticket with Coms - in my experience they're fairly quick to pick them up.
Standard User stunts
(regular) Wed 30-Apr-14 12:59:15
Print Post

[re: tonytiger07] [link to this post]

I've got an open ticket with them waiting on 'the suppliers' response so not sure it would help starting a new ticket as well. In the mean time, Enta have finally responded saying they are investigating it with BT which is both good news and cause for concern that its just another delay tactic because basically the system is broke. It's almost 3rd of May now, the original date of the expiry of the original MAC key they supplied, so I suspect whatever anyone does, once we go past the 3rd, they'll be able to finally and properly supply me with a new key anyway.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to