User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Cactusweasel
(regular) Fri 16-May-14 00:28:18
Print Post

Re: Xilo TTB outage?

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

Add me to the list, net went down around 12pm today then came back up for a while, then totally died somewhere around 2 or 3pm and it has been dead ever since. Still nothing as I type this, thankfully I'm still on the old one plan with Three so that has been getting hammered today!

Have to admit between this outage and the last one just a few weeks ago, I don't think I'll be staying with Xilo TTB for much longer, these have to be the worst outages I've had in many years and who's to say they will be fixed this time around.

Anyway with a bit of luck, things will be working in the morning. Rather like sleeping off a hangover and hoping things will be better when you wake up smile

Edited by Cactusweasel (Fri 16-May-14 00:29:08)

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-May-14 00:41:42
Print Post

[re: Cactusweasel] [link to this post]

Get in touch. We have alternative options and offering FoC changes to anyone who requires one.

It's a very annoying, frustrating and upsetting time for us where we focus on quality of service and such a failure is not common.

This stems from TTB and the issues they've had over the last 2-3 weeks. We're not impressed at all but answering all queries that are coming in to the helpdesk as quickly as possible.

If you have any costs for your dongle/wifi - let us know as per our recent status posting update and we'll compensate you up to £20 (please keep your receipt).

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User hopeless
(member) Fri 16-May-14 01:09:42
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

I'm going to assess my options in the morning. I find Xilo as a company, professional, but the service is mediocre at best.

13 hour outage already is ridiculous.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-May-14 01:10:52
Print Post

[re: Cactusweasel] [link to this post]

All seems ok now on Daisy been up for 6 hours 30.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Variety LLU
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/13914...
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-May-14 01:12:14
Print Post

[re: hopeless] [link to this post]

That specific service has had a repeat issue which we're not too pleased with - I can assure you.

Please get in touch, we have alternative options and happy to move you to any of them without charge - ones that have not been impacted by this recurring fault.

Matt

uno Broadband
Standard User charmingcharlie
(regular) Fri 16-May-14 01:25:03
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Perhaps for you but I and many others are still without a connection. I haven't experienced a connection drop out like this in over 14 years it is a pretty shocking state of affairs.

Posting this via my nexus 4 phone and I am equally amazed at how unwieldy the think broadband forums are on mobile platforms. Really wish they would look into making the forum more mobile friendly.

Oh well no net for me tonight will see how things are tomorrow. Just signed up with xilo too I am a refugee from coms.com. The internet gods do not like me.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-May-14 02:12:05
Print Post

[re: charmingcharlie] [link to this post]

It's not a usual thing, please let me assure you.

Get in touch via your account and we'll be happy to explain things in more detail or even give you a call to address any concerns.

Matt

uno Broadband
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Fri 16-May-14 07:08:10
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by uno:
This stems from TTB and the issues they've had over the last 2-3 weeks.

The actual TT network seems to be fine, as i've not had any major issues at all (i'm with TT business direct). There was a TT fibre break a month or two ago which was affecting users in North of England & Scotland but that was rectified within 24 hrs and even then, it wasn't a total loss of service - throughput was reduced & ping times increased. So perhaps the current issues are only afftecting resellers?

My BQM over the last 24 hrs <red spike occurred when i switched routers>

TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps