User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-May-14 07:49:52
Print Post

Re: Xilo TTB outage?

[re: FastShow] [link to this post]

Please get in touch via the portal and we will be assisting any such queries raised via this method.

We can check what can be offered and go from there.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User FastShow
(regular) Fri 16-May-14 07:53:15
Print Post

[re: charmingcharlie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by charmingcharlie:
Posting this via my nexus 4 phone and I am equally amazed at how unwieldy the think broadband forums are on mobile platforms. Really wish they would look into making the forum more mobile friendly

The forums are awful on all devices, I really have no idea why TB have stuck with them so long. Everyone I've ever directed here in real life for help has taken one look and fled, it's all so unwieldy and about 15 years out-of-date. But yeah, on mobile it's basically impossible.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-May-14 08:08:17
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Is this TTB issue specific to Xilo? Im on TTB via another provider but thinking of moving to Xilo. Not had qny TTB issues with them

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User juzzy25
(member) Fri 16-May-14 08:57:18
Print Post

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

I had an outage from about 3pm yesterday afternoon, came back for a couple of minutes then died. I'm not too reliant on it just fired up my spare giffgaff SIM which was woeful and kept kicking me off, thankfully my 3 PAYG mobile broadband came through for me (couldn't believe how busy the mobile broadband was at peak times)

Although the Pro TTB service hasn't been consistent as my BT connection through XILO, they're only as good as the provider which Matt has addressed, for the price I pay I'm very happy with the way XILO has treated me and also kept me up to date on the website on the issue.

Of course for other users this may not be the case, and yes you could argue this was a very long outage (which hopefully lessons will be learned) but I'll stick with it and see how the next few months pans out, I've got a growing concern that lots of people are moving onto Xilo which is a good thing, but they all sound like really heavy users after the unlimited allowances.

Xilo Internet User and Happy!
Standard User FastShow
(regular) Fri 16-May-14 09:25:57
Print Post

[re: juzzy25] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by juzzy25:
Of course for other users this may not be the case, and yes you could argue this was a very long outage (which hopefully lessons will be learned) but I'll stick with it and see how the next few months pans out, I've got a growing concern that lots of people are moving onto Xilo which is a good thing, but they all sound like really heavy users after the unlimited allowances.

Not all of us, I get 2.5Mb on a good day and if I download more than 30GB in a month it's been a busy one. I just need someone reliable and I'm willing to pay for it, but sadly I'm not having so much luck these days.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 16-May-14 09:44:37
Print Post

[re: FastShow] [link to this post]

Re using the thinkbroadband forums on mobile devices, are you using threaded mode or flat mode?

If threaded, change the default setting in My Home options at the bottom of that page. Also play with Collapsed v Expanded and number per page. When using flat mode, always click the Reply button for the post you are replying to. Not always the latest one. You can swap between threaded and flat in-thread, button towards the top right, to experiment.

I've never had an issue, starting with non-smartphones, now a Galaxy SIII and iPad.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User bernado
(regular) Fri 16-May-14 11:47:08
Print Post

So much for that. After a good start this morning, the connection is very poor for me right now. Looks like I better get a 3g dongle

Edited by bernado (Fri 16-May-14 14:46:19)

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-May-14 11:48:05
Print Post

"Pro" seems fine this morning smile

Funny that my router resync'd to G.992.3 rather than G.992.5 yesterday - maybe it got into a pickle continually attempting to establish the PPP link.

Cheers Matt - great service and communication from Xilo.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-May-14 11:52:30
Print Post

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bernado:
So much for that. After a good start this morning, the connection is very poor for me right now

Sorry to hear that - my throughput and latency is back to normal now. Hopefully your connection will stabilise very soon.
Standard User bernado
(regular) Fri 16-May-14 12:27:51
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
In reply to a post by bernado:
So much for that. After a good start this morning, the connection is very poor for me right now

Sorry to hear that - my throughput and latency is back to normal now. Hopefully your connection will stabilise very soon.

I've rebooted my router and things seem fine again now, maybe coincidence but time will tell
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to