User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-May-14 12:42:28
Print Post

Re: Xilo TTB outage?

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bernado:
I've rebooted my router and things seem fine again now, maybe coincidence but time will tell

I'm sure it will be fine, if not Xilo will help you out in any way that they can - customer service is definitely their number one priority. I had a few TTB throughput/latency issues last year and was more than adequately compensated smile
Standard User charmingcharlie
(regular) Fri 16-May-14 12:58:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I've never had an issue, starting with non-smartphones, now a Galaxy SIII and iPad.

I am not saying it causes issues with a mobile I am just saying the TBB forum could be done better on a mobile platform. It is incredibly clunky and unwieldy to use on a mobile and in this day and age there really is no excuse. A good example of how it could be done is like this :-

www.neogaf.com <- desktop version of a gaming forum

http://m.neogaf.com/ <- mobile version of the same forum

Anyway I had a fiddle with tethering on my nexus 4 last night (after I found a cable that works) and made do with that till someone at the server centre managed to resuscitate the hamster in charge of powering the servers.

Anyway apologies for being off topic I was just a lil bit haggard yesterday with the whole net being down. This morning things seem to be fine for me. I had a slight outage about 20 mins ago that was cured by rebooting the router.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 16-May-14 14:24:49
Print Post

[re: charmingcharlie] [link to this post]

As I asked, flat or threaded? They are flat.

How much do you pay for the gaming/games that you use those forums for? These forums are also immensely more sophisticated in how you can use them.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-May-14 15:03:19
Print Post

[re: juzzy25] [link to this post]

There probably isnt at isp in the world that doesn't have outages. Its natural unfortunately the way technology works. From what ive seen tho Xilo handled it very well with regular updates and even offered compensation which they don't legally have to do.
Standard User bernado
(regular) Fri 16-May-14 16:20:14
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

I don't really understand what the problem was other than it was a PPP thing (whatever that means), can any one explain in dullard's terms? What confused me is at the time my router seemed all good, registering normal sync with the exchange and all the usual lights on that should be on.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-May-14 16:29:28
Print Post

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

Home router to exchange and exchange to ISP is different as far as i can tell. You can have sync if the issue isnt between you and the exchange, but no internet if the issue is past the exchange
Standard User FastShow
(regular) Fri 16-May-14 17:17:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

This is getting wildly off-topic, but these forums are barely usable on a desktop, they're a good decade out of date, things have moved on a long way in terms of UI and usability everywhere else. On mobile they're a complete nightmare, and I say that as someone whose posts in this thread were mostly made on a phone.

At the very least some mobile CSS would be nice, it's not a huge job just to tidy things up for the benefit of devices that, frankly, the majority of people use to browse the net these days.

Edited by FastShow (Fri 16-May-14 17:18:53)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 16-May-14 18:07:56
Print Post

[re: FastShow] [link to this post]

Flat or threaded mode?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-May-14 18:57:56
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by uno:
That specific service has had a repeat issue which we're not too pleased with - I can assure you.

Please get in touch, we have alternative options and happy to move you to any of them without charge - ones that have not been impacted by this recurring fault.

Matt

Thanks for keeping the status pages updated. I realise that the issue was outside your control and I cannot understand the people who seem to think otherwise.

Regards

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 17-May-14 17:47:13
Print Post

Re: Xilo...can not connect again

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Anyone else having trouble today,last hour I just get a by wholesale service information page and can not use any broadband enabled devices,using to write this and I'm sorry I have not had the time to read all the posts,think it was not working for most of last Tuesday so can someone tell me who's fault this is,is it a BT issue or Xilo

as it's now getting a tad frustrating given my girlfriend is dependant on a stable internet connection as she works from home .
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to