User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Sat 17-May-14 18:52:45
Print Post

Re: Xilo TTB outage?

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bernado:
I don't really understand what the problem was other than it was a PPP thing (whatever that means), can any one explain in dullard's terms? What confused me is at the time my router seemed all good, registering normal sync with the exchange and all the usual lights on that should be on.

I can only go by what Xilo posted (which by the way, as excellent). It was some kind of error here everytime you tried to create a connection, the internal TTB system as demanding some kind of session ID - like a user code. It did not only affect Xilo, but ironically my link via Coms (which is STILL live) asn't affected, doh.

TTB has an extremely resilliant network and upto until no have been very well respected within the industry and used by most ISPs. This really is NOT Xilos fault, but just very annoying for all of us ho were affected.

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Sat 17-May-14 19:00:01
Print Post

[re: ukwoody] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukwoody:
TTB has an extremely resilliant network and upto until no have been very well respected within the industry and used by most ISPs. This really is NOT Xilos fault, but just very annoying for all of us ho were affected.

Why haven't TT direct connections & other TTB resellers such as AAISP and Goscomb experienced issues? No ISP is immune from outages ( eg fibre break which the ISP has no control over) but issues lasting a few weeks ? That is taking the p mate...

TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps
Powered by Linksys EA6900
Quality of my Connection

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sat 17-May-14 19:05:14)

Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Sat 17-May-14 19:10:18
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Some of that can only be answered by Xilo, but as stated, Xilo WERE NOT the only ones affected, and somewhere along the line Cisco are involved, so it may be to due with a specific bit of hardware??

And, if you cannot except that at some stage EVERY ISP has the occasional glitch, you're in for a heck of a shock

woody

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Sat 17-May-14 19:20:01
Print Post

[re: ukwoody] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukwoody:
Some of that can only be answered by Xilo, but as stated, Xilo WERE NOT the only ones affected, and somewhere along the line Cisco are involved, so it may be to due with a specific bit of hardware??

And, if you cannot except that at some stage EVERY ISP has the occasional glitch, you're in for a heck of a shock

woody

Like I said no ISP is immune from outages but you would expect them to resolve them within hours/days, not weeks. In the 4 years I've been with TalkTalk direct I've never had a total outage, just reduced speeds for 24 hrs which was caused by a major fibre break and which was fixed by the next day. Other than xilo, vivaciti and coms which other TTB resellers are currently plagued by issues?

Powered by Linksys EA6900
Quality of my Connection
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 17-May-14 19:26:39
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Like I said no ISP is immune from outages but you would expect them to resolve them within hours/days, not weeks.
Didn't this issue start just two days ago?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(experienced) Sat 17-May-14 19:36:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Like I said no ISP is immune from outages but you would expect them to resolve them within hours/days, not weeks.
Didn't this issue start just two days ago?

Nup according to Xilo it's been ongoing for a few weeks now:
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/otherisp/t/4329295-...

But surprise surprise it's not affecting TT direct customers or the likes of AAISP or Goscomb.